Roy Williams

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

How much?

I think Hubert Davis was specifically recruited by Williams to fill his spot once he decided to retire...He didn't leave his cushy analyst job at ESPN for nothing...

But we'll see...

Agreed. Roy will probably hand pick his successor. Thing about UNC is if Davis flops they will always be able to circle back to Miller who is still very young. Maybe by then he will have moved up to a power conference and have proven himself even more. The outlier could be Jerry Stackhouse...maybe not this go round but despite the record at Vanderbilt is thought to be a very good player developer and possible coach down the road.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks.  Lot of big jobs changing hands.  And with the massive transfer portal, it’s shaping up as quite a tumultuous off-season.  

Coach K and Bill Self might as well move on too.  

Might as well throw Boeheim in there too.

• Like 2

While living in NC I saw a game when they were playing some cream puff early in the season. A heckler started busting on Ole Roy, and Roy just looked at a usher a gave him the sign to toss the guy. That was a bad look for Ole Roy. But the normal Carolina fan liked Roy way better than that Duke coach! Lol

Edited by OldDog

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am not convinced Hubert Davis is an elite coach. Just my impression. 

And I don’t think their fans would be too excited about Hubert Davis taking over for Roy. I think they will be looking for a bigger fish also, regardless of what Larry Brown wants. 

1 hour ago, OldDog said:

And I don’t think their fans would be too excited about Hubert Davis taking over for Roy. I think they will be looking for a bigger fish also, regardless of what Larry Brown wants. 

I don't think they will, if they are supposedly interviewing Stackhouse this weekend and the only others names coming up so far are Tar Heel guys they might just keep it in house.

Edited by Hoosier51