TJD coming back

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've been hard on TJD at times, but you have to give this kid a ton of credit. 

He was fantastic as a freshmen, had an almost 20 and 10 sophomore year, and he hasn't even tested the draft process. 

He really wants to be part of the come back of the program and seems absolutely invested in the program and his legacy in it. 

No doubt. I hope people cut the kid some slack. He went through perhaps one of the worst periods of IU basketball and stuck it out to be part of the turnaround. I know he isn't perfect but we would have been so so so much worse off without him. Kid is giving us everything. Despite the issues with the team and Archie he tries very very hard. No one is perfect. I don't think we could ask much more from him. I hope Woody works with him and gets him drafted next year...he deserves it for what he has given the Hoosiers.

HUGE!  now if we can get 2 out of 3:  Franklin, Lander, Thompson back, I'm getting excited.  I have been a bigger fan of TJD than a lot of people on here, but seeing that the guy could put up 20 points and 10 rebs and  not have that great of a game, it will be interesting to see him next year.  I love his more old school type game.  It will be interesting to see how much he and Woodson come out next year wanting him to show off his range.  I'm sure it will be a goal.  I just hope it doesn't hurt his game focusing on it too much when he can put up big numbers just playing his current game and finishing better.  

Hopefully Woodson gives him a little freedom to gain confidence in his shot and solid coaching on what it’s gonna take to get to the next level. He starts finishing stronger and under control at the rim, and gains some confidence in his perimeter shot he could be a 23 & 10 guy next year. Hell he could have done that shooting 80 percent from the line this year. Love having him back! Great news!

18 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Have to think it’s likely Race, Armaan, and Lander return after this news. Would think they have to see that the skies the limit for this team next year if we can find just one lethal shooter. 

So while I actually really like all these players I personally want to see coach bring in a few transfers to shake things up.  I want the roster to not only be pushed by the new coaching staff I would like to see some new bodies on the court pushing for playing time as well.  Now thanks to Archie and banking scholarships we can likely bring these guys back and bring new players in, or with Geronimo likely leaving.  I just think we need more than just all the players to return.

4 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

So while I actually really like all these players I personally want to see coach bring in a few transfers to shake things up.  I want the roster to not only be pushed by the new coaching staff I would like to see some new bodies on the court pushing for playing time as well.  Now thanks to Archie and banking scholarships we can likely bring these guys back and bring new players in, or with Geronimo likely leaving.  I just think we need more than just all the players to return.

I wouldn’t mind a couple of longer wings.  Woody alluded to that skill set too since he wants switching on D.  Assuming Franklin does leave, somebody said you could play Stewart at the two, and get a couple of wings.  Now if Franklin does in fact leave, maybe you can convince Geronimo that his path is more clear.  Although he’s more of a 3-4, he could get more minutes with Stewart going to the two.  I think Jordan is a dynamite prospect and he’s one who would hurt at least for me.   

I could also see Race leaving since Woody wants to play one in and four out.   So we could really have about 3 spots for transfers I think.  One pg, and perhaps two wings would work for me.  

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Lander too hopefully. 

Screenshot_20210402-142606_Chrome.jpg

Lander would be great to keep.  I’d still go get a veteran point guard from the portal to pair with him, maybe a senior would be ideal.  It would be insanity to keep the same situation as last year.  I think Woody and Matta know that.

15 minutes ago, ledies22 said:
ex·pend·a·ble
/ikˈspendəb(ə)l/

adjective

1. of little significance when compared to an overall purpose, and therefore able to be abandoned

I am happy he is back.  He is a good player, he is someone that I have been following for several years now and I am glad he stuck around so I can continue to follow him.  

I won't explain the rest because this should be a thread of people who are welcoming a player back into the fold.  Additionally, since you are into looking up definitions, try taking a look at clambering and clamoring.  

Archived