TJD coming back

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:
ex·pend·a·ble
/ikˈspendəb(ə)l/

adjective

1. of little significance when compared to an overall purpose, and therefore able to be abandoned

(Ir)replaceable might have been a little more precise.

...although I'm really glad IU doesn't have to replace TJD.  Hope IU doesn't have to replace Armaan either.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is an appreciable improvement in TJD's game in terms of what the NBA is looking for, than we win twice over.  First, he helps us on the court win the games that will move us up the conference ladder, and second, he makes it very easy for CMW to recruit.  IMHO, this next year is all about putting on film what IU basketball is all about. Show recruits the player development in the skill areas sought after by the NBA.  If this happens, I think we are looking at the light at the end of the 21 year tunnel.  This very well be the most important season in terms of overall program success since Knight was hired.

I've not read through this thread religiously.. but TJD met with Ray Jackson (step dad) and CMW. 

Dale hasn't played a very big role in Trayces life, at all. 

Not to make this a rag on Dale type thing, just wanted to be clear. I've seen it posted in prior days about Dale meeting with TJD and CMW, but that wouldn't be the case at any point. 

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

again....Wow.

Talk about being straight forward! Love it!!!!

This Woodson hire is going to play well. Now we all know W's are what he'll get measured by but you have a NBA coach with decades of playing and coaching experience telling the kids what they need to hear not what they want.

It might cost us some recruiting battles because some influencer doesn't want to hear it...but we'll win our majority. 

40 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

(Ir)replaceable might have been a little more precise.

...although I'm really glad IU doesn't have to replace TJD.  Hope IU doesn't have to replace Armaan either.

For sure. I am 100% with you. but some people are saying that every single player on a 12-15 team is expendable. I was arguing that just because you didnt perform well as a team doesnt mean that you dont have some very useful pieces. TJD is definitely a piece that we needed back.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Jackson gave an interview to JMV in Indy (still giving it).  Had some good things to say about Woodson that I think could point to him being a good recruiter going forward.

The ride with JMV, streams live on youtube.  Pretty good listen.

Started about 15 minutes into the show, give or take.

Thanks. Just listened. A couple of interesting things.

When asked if he's recruiting the portal...he mentioned he's in the ear of 2 guys who had good assist numbers. hmmmm...

He also said that Woody is going to develop him and work with him directly. In the past he said grad assistants were used to develop him. Is this normal in a college program? 

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am happy he is back.  He is a good player, he is someone that I have been following for several years now and I am glad he stuck around so I can continue to follow him.  

I won't explain the rest because this should be a thread of people who are welcoming a player back into the fold.  Additionally, since you are into looking up definitions, try taking a look at clambering and clamoring.  

you may want to check your grammar in a post that you are trying to correct someone if you care that much about it

Archived