TJD coming back

38 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

no offense taken. He said that every player on a 12-15 team is expendable. every. single. one.

Feel free to hit me up in the private messages if you want to continue bitching about what I said and I am happy to spell out for you my position.  Otherwise, move on and leave the thread for what it was intended, celebrating a guy coming back to the team.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

After four years of gaslighting about how he was such a great coach, I love all the subtle shots at Archie that are trickling out of the program.  Dolson’s “normal person” comment and comments about what the players told him they wanted, and now TJD saying all the life was sucked out of the program and the offense sucked.  Mike Woodson immediately appears to be shaping up as a significant upgrade.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

After four years of gaslighting about how he was such a great coach, I love all the subtle shots at Archie that are trickling out of the program.  Dolson’s “normal person” comment and comments about what the players told him they wanted, and now TJD saying all the life was sucked out of the program and the offense sucked.  Mike Woodson immediately appears to be shaping up as a significant upgrade.

Sounds like the kids were just not being coached 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

My logic gets blinded when it comes to IU basketball. I so want the coach to be headed in the right way. With that said putting some of the comments together it probably confirms what some thought. The players are good. The coach might be good....but the two together isn't working. 

Energy or synergy....whatever you want to call it is alive and well in the football locker room. Hopefully this is the start of something in the hoops program too.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I had no idea how bad it apparently was.  I know that this team had some limitations, but now I will always wonder what might have been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It is striking. I was in the camp who wanted to love CAM but to hear all the negative feedback on him... it’s illuminating. Also impressive that it was mostly kept under wraps. 

when some team (UI?) said they knew the sets we were going to run before we did it, that was the really clear light for me. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know...I think a lot of reading into stuff just goes against CAM because some need a scapegoat...

The TJD comment about "the life sucked out of the program" I think is more of an indictment of the way they finished, losing 6 in a row...And Trayce did say he was dead set on going into the draft AFTER the coaching staff was fired...

I'm not into kicking a guy when he's down...He tried, and it didn't work out...I still think he can coach basketball...

He's just not going to be doing it in Bloomington, Indiana...

Agree a lot with this. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know...I think a lot of reading into stuff just goes against CAM because some need a scapegoat...

The TJD comment about "the life sucked out of the program" I think is more of an indictment of the way they finished, losing 6 in a row...And Trayce did say he was dead set on going into the draft AFTER the coaching staff was fired...

I'm not into kicking a guy when he's down...He tried, and it didn't work out...I still think he can coach basketball...

There’s just absolutely nothing to support this.  The roster management sucked, the player development sucked, the schemes sucked, and opposing coaches/players ran circles around him.  He had zero charisma or enthusiasm for the program.   The players didn’t like him — there would have been mass transfers if they had brought him back next year.  And his name hasn’t been brought up for a single job opening.

I’ll honestly be pretty surprised if he gets another shot at a major conference program, much less builds one into a winner.  Could not have been more clear that he’s just not cut out to coach at this level.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that — I think he could go back to a midmajor and be successful again.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

There’s just absolutely nothing to support this.  The roster management sucked, the player development sucked, the schemes sucked, and opposing coaches/players ran circles around him.  He had zero charisma or enthusiasm for the program.   The players didn’t like him — there would have been mass transfers if they had brought him back next year.  And his name hasn’t been brought up for a single job opening.

I’ll honestly be pretty surprised if he gets another shot at a major conference program, much less builds one into a winner.  Could not have been more clear that he’s just not cut out to coach at this level.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that — I think he could go back to a midmajor and be successful again.

Not to mention he was compensated 22 million for being a failure 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Certainly pretty telling he’s required to look for work and yet his name hasn’t come up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Church!

Amen brother. Agree 💯 

• Like 1

I dogged TJD a lot during this season ... but so far during the off-season, he’s been my MVP. He didn’t rush to declare for the draft nor transfer portal.  He’s been preaching patience to the fellas on social media.  That’s extremely mature IMO.   He had a foot out the door, but off the court, I’m impressed with his leadership this off-season.  

(Now please stop flexing when IU is down 22 to Rutgers!)

• Like 3

Great news!  Been away for a bit and to see this gives me hope for next season.  

Love TJD, and he is in the running for one of my favorite IU players ever. We need him more than he needs us. He chose to stay and I thank him.  Coach Woodsen might be what we've needed all along. Crush it CMW.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Great news!  Been away for a bit and to see this gives me hope for next season.  

Love TJD, and he is in the running for one of my favorite IU players ever. We need him more than he needs us. He chose to stay and I thank him.  Coach Woodsen might be what we've needed all along. Crush it CMW.

Maybe he can get him to use that right bball arm. 

• Like 1