What is needed to be a threat

I agree with the need for shooters.  With TJD returning and Duncomb, we should have some height.  I Race officially gone?  I really like him.  However, to me, in order to become a truly dangerous team, we need a point guard who is dependable, can shoot, pass, and drive the hoop, and who can hit free throws.  Kind of like Allie McDonald on the Arizona women's team last night.  Other than that, whoever plays MUST be able to hit over 75% of their free throws.

I would love an athletic two way point guard who can bring an explosiveness we’ve lacked. 

I would like a 2/3 who can shoot and has decent length. 

And I would add a stretch four who can rebound and hold his own on D. Cannot continue to be as clogged as we’ve been around the basket.  

Then bring back Lander and Geronimo.  

Names that come to mind are X Johnson, Adam Miller, and either Cole Swider or the Gurley kid from Furman.  Matta and Woody are very aggressive and want to win immediately.

The staff interests me as much. Woody says he talks to Larry Brown everyday so I wonder what’s going on there with a non recruiting position.  He’d be awesome for player development.  Fife would be a great get with his immediate knowledge of the conference. Would love a KT Turner too to bring more national recruiting.  I just wonder if we get one mass announcement on the staff.  Hopefully good stuff is happening behind the scenes. 

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

if we get Lander, Franklin, and Thompson back, we definitely expect an NCAA birth.  top 5 in conference?  i think that's fair.  if we miss out on 1 or 2, that obviously dials it down a little. 

So if we return a 12-15 team missing one of its starters we should expect a top 5 finish in conference. 

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So if we return a 12-15 team missing one of its starters we should expect a top 5 finish in conference. 

You also have to look at what a lot of the top teams are losing as well.  Also we were in a lot of our games but blew them at the end.  We lost 3 games in OT so if we made a few more free throws we would had a better record. I hope with better coaching and player development program these players will get better this summer

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You also have to look at what a lot of the top teams are losing as well.  Also we were in a lot of our games but blew them at the end.  We lost 3 games in OT so if we made a few more free throws we would had a better record. I hope with better coaching and player development program these players will get better this summer

A hope should be different than an expectation.  

47 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

yeah.  i am a little contradictory because i'm always saying we don't have a ton of talent by the numbers, but dang, if we bring back literally everyone, but Al and add Stewart and Brunk, i think it's reasonable that the teams in front of us lose enough to expect a top 5 finish.  #6 in the conference had 10 losses and we had 12.  i don't think that's asking too much.  maybe say top 6?

Length and athleticism. Period. There are rumors of Keion Brooks joining TJD at IU. Nothing concrete for sure, but if Woodson and company like the fit, I will too. He’s expected to get some feedback from the combine(if invited🤷🏻‍♂️), but enter the transfer portal after that, so says the rumor. If we add KBJ and possibly a stretch 4 in Nunge(sp?), I’d say there’s a chance that we can have one of the biggest turn around seasons in recent memory. Lots of chips have to fall first. 

I truly look for Race to go to Minny. I hope that the Franklin to Illinois rumors are laid to rest in a couple of days. Franklin will be a crucial part of next season’s success. I hope that Geronimo stays and doesn’t head closer to home either. 

Archived