The Final Four

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Rewinded it and looked...

"He got in trouble, unfairly I thought, at Indiana." 

I like Sir Charles and I think he nailed some commentary earlier that I can't repeat here due to it's political nature, but he's wrong here.  Can't fault him as Charles probably only knows the phone call part of the equation.  The academic and behavioral issues are apparently not part of the national narrative.

• Like 2

Watching the start of this game, and the games throughout the tournament, I'm still struck by how freely these teams play compared to Archie's IU teams. 

As TJD said, it just seemed robotic. I'm looking forward to IU playing at a faster pace, playing more freely, and simply looking passionate and like they're having fun. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Watching the start of this game, and the games throughout the tournament, I'm still struck by how freely these teams play compared to Archie's IU teams. 

As TJD said, it just seemed robotic. I'm looking forward to IU playing at a faster pace, playing more freely, and simply looking passionate and like they're having fun. 

The only question now is whether or not that style will be consistently feasible in the B10. If it isnt the referees, it's half the coaching staffs in the league looking to make the game as ugly as possible. 

7 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

The only question now is whether or not that style will be consistently feasible in the B10. If it isnt the referees, it's half the coaching staffs in the league looking to make the game as ugly as possible. 

Seems to work for Michigan, though I get your point. These teams definitely play smaller than Big Ten teams. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

I will take a middle of the pack big ten team that's built for the NCAA'S .  This Baylor squad would curb stomp the Big...

17 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I'm glad he's not the face of IU basketball. He's a good coach. It's all water under the bridge.

I don't wish him any ill will. He didn't wreck IU basketball. We did that when we hired him knowing the issues he had at Oklahoma. As far as I'm concerned that's entirely on the IU administration.

• Like 3