The Final Four

Just now, BGleas said:

I mean you don't except a kid to hit a shot like that, but also a really poor job there by UCLA, they just let Suggs dribble straight up the court uncontested. 

I think they were afraid to foul...but you got to make him change directions and use some time so it’s a half court shot instead.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think they were afraid to foul...but you got to make him change directions and use some time so it’s a half court shot instead.

Yeah, you definitely don't want to foul, but nobody even approached him until past half court. 

As you said, you gotta make him turn or something. He dribbled straight up the middle of the court uncontested. 

• Like 2

If Gonzaga goes undefeated,this is how I feel. They play in a weak conference who got some lucky breaks. I Hope Baylor kicks their undeserving ass. 

Mark Few isn't that good, Hes just Lucky. Coaches in one of the weakest conferences in basketball 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

This Gonzaga team would have won the big ten easily this year because the conference was totally overrated all year.  They probably wouldn't have went undefeated but they are far better than any team in the big ten.  I don't see that big of a deal being the last undefeated champion.  It is not like we are the only one but just the last team to do it.  Probably 90+% of the people on here probably wasn't even born in 76

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If Gonzaga goes undefeated,this is how I feel. They play in a weak conference who got some lucky breaks. I Hope Baylor kicks their undeserving ass. 

Mark Few isn't that good, Hes just Lucky. Coaches in one of the weakest conferences in basketball 

Why the laugh emoji? No way in hell this Gonzaga team beats '75 or '76 IU. If they go undefeated well good for them but they had an easier course. 

IU had to beat a pretty damb good Michigan team 3 TIMES to win it in 1976.  

It's been about 22 years now that the Zags flame out early. 

Because their conference sucks. 

6 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Guys relax, even if Gonzaga go undefeated, there will always be an asterisk next to this season for Covid. They will never be as legit as our Hoosiers. 

Doesn't really matter to me.  That record was made during Mike Woodson's senior season in high school.  It's bound to be matched eventually and at least it wouldn't be scum-sucking Kentucky doing it.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This Gonzaga team would have won the big ten easily this year because the conference was totally overrated all year.  They probably wouldn't have went undefeated but they are far better than any team in the big ten.  I don't see that big of a deal being the last undefeated champion.  It is not like we are the only one but just the last team to do it.  Probably 90+% of the people on here probably wasn't even born in 76

Really?  The best team they play all year is St. Mary's.  They have only been relevant since about 1999 when they made their first run. 

Not saying they don't deserve their opportunity but cmon man, they would be in the middle of the B1G conference perpetually.  If they were in the B1G they would be about on the level of Rutgers or Maryland. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Really?  The best team they play all year is St. Mary's.  They have only been relevant since about 1999 when they made their first run. 

Not saying they don't deserve their opportunity but cmon man, they would be in the middle of the B1G conference perpetually.  If they were in the B1G they would be about on the level of Rutgers or Maryland. 

I think they'd be better than that this year...but I don't think they'd be even close to undefeated.  Guessing at least 2-3 losses in that meat grinder of a league.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

So, I look at the talent on the team and see they would be the most talented team in the conference.  UNLV in 1990 played in the Big  West conference which had no other quality teams.  That team steam rolled through the tournament and beat Duke by ,30 in the finals.

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think they'd be better than that this year...but I don't think they'd be even close to undefeated.  Guessing at least 2-3 losses in that meat grinder of a league.

Just saying if they played in a tougher conference would they be undefeated?  

Play a season in the ACC or B1G or Big East.

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That last paragraph is one of the funniest post I can remember on here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well, glad I provided you some humor.  

I just dont respect Gonzaga all that much and think their 30 win seasons haven't been all that difficult.  

They can't really help that their conference sucks, but they play one of the best non-conference schedules every year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

They can't really help that their conference sucks, but they play one of the best non-conference schedules every year. 

Not gonna lie, I'm in denial.  If they win out what does IU have left legacy wise. Nothing.  

It's up to Woody to restore hope, which no matter what happens I believe he can do it.