The Final Four

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Let's not discount the impact of the pressure of trying to go undefeated had on last night's game.  

Let's not overstate it, either. Gonzaga got exposed as a bad defensive team two games in a row, Baylor just had the players to actually beat them. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed watching the Zags as much as anybody, but when is the last time a team got to the finals not playing a team in the AP top 25?

Gonzaga played a 16, 8, 5, 6 and an 11 before meeting Baylor. Talk about having the stars align in a tournament; it has to be one of the easiest paths to the finals in some time.  

42 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Let's not overstate it, either. Gonzaga got exposed as a bad defensive team two games in a row, Baylor just had the players to actually beat them. 

That was my thought as well.  They looked like Iowa playing defense last night.  If Few wants to win a national championship, he's going to have to teach a little more defense than the Zags showed last night.

29 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That was my thought as well.  They looked like Iowa playing defense last night.  If Few wants to win a national championship, he's going to have to teach a little more defense than the Zags showed last night.

If you can get his email address for me, I'll send him this link.

http://www.basketballforcoaches.com/pack-line-defense/#:~:text=The ‘Pack Line’ defense is a variation of,16ft line is know as the pack line.

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

I enjoyed watching the Zags as much as anybody, but when is the last time a team got to the finals not playing a team in the AP top 25?

Gonzaga played a 16, 8, 5, 6 and an 11 before meeting Baylor. Talk about having the stars align in a tournament; it has to be one of the easiest paths to the finals in some time.  

Duke is normally given easy routes and almost always put into the east.

22 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Like this....just one of like 20 plays that Baylor made that showed the difference in attitude and athleticism between the two teams.

Archived