The Final Four

Going on record before tip-off, I'm definitely rooting for Baylor to keep IU's standing as the last unbeaten team. With that said, in past years I'd be desperate for the undefeated team to lose, but for the first time if Gonzaga does win it won't bother me. 

I'm thinking maybe it's time. Maybe it's time for Indiana to stop clinging to that record. It won't change that the '76 team went undefeated. That still happened. Maybe it's time for IU to move forward and focus on the present/future instead of clinging to that record. 

Especially now with Knight having come back, Woodson being the head coach, etc., etc., it almost feels like the right time to let the 'last team to go undefeated' thing go. 

• Like 5

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

In 2015 I was a senior at IU. I’ve never rooted for Wisconsin more in my life than against Kentucky in the final 4. I think I’m reluctantly rooting for Baylor but I don’t think I would be upset if Gonzaga won. 

Two teams that deserve their spot on the big stage tonight. They’ve earned it. I’m rooting for Baylor though. Gonzaga is getting too comfortable being a consistent contender. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Two teams that deserve their spot on the big stage tonight. They’ve earned it. I’m rooting for Baylor though. Gonzaga is getting too comfortable being a consistent contender. 

Gonzaga really feels like the basketball version of Clemson (without the titles). They’ve both been so dominant that you think the reign of terror hasn’t really been for that long. 

• Like 1