Brannen/UC

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Has he ever won an ncaa tournament game?? For one of the most successful programs in ncaa history i think they could have done better.

Well, they got a guy that was on UNC's radar.  And the Bearcats aren't in a power conference.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Has he ever won an ncaa tournament game?? For one of the most successful programs in ncaa history i think they could have done better.

Well, as I said in another post, UC hasn't been the same since Huggins resigned.  Cronin had varying levels of success, but ultimately left for a better gig.  Brannen simply was a quick, bad hire.  The challenge, IMHO, is always going to be recruiting.  UC is an urban school, many commuter students, a lesser conference and an administration that is possibly questionable in their approach to the program.  But recruiting is the biggest issue, IMO.  Not sure how much better UC could have done with this hire.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Well, as I said in another post, UC hasn't been the same since Huggins resigned.  Cronin had varying levels of success, but ultimately left for a better gig.  Brannen simply was a quick, bad hire.  The challenge, IMHO, is always going to be recruiting.  UC is an urban school, many commuter students, a lesser conference and an administration that is possibly questionable in their approach to the program.  But recruiting is the biggest issue, IMO.  Not sure how much better UC could have done with this hire.

You sound like a lifelong Bearcat fan?  

40 minutes ago, rico said:

You sound like a lifelong Bearcat fan?  

Nah...but I live in Cincinnati.... Grew up here.  I remember the teams from 60-61-62...and before with the Big O.  As a kid, I always kinda rooted for them...before my old man impressed upon me that my veins held Hoosier blood.  And hearing Jimmy Rayl on the radio scoring 56 against Michigan State really was special and my genes kicked in.     😂

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1