2022 DE Richard Thomas Commits to Indiana

KDB

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

We keep this up and retain Allen when the blue bloods start offering, and we could turn into a perennial top ten team.

Playing in our division, it will be difficult to be a perennial top 10 team. I'd be thrilled with a perennial 2nd place in the Big 10 East and occasionally knocking OSU off. 

38 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Playing in our division, it will be difficult to be a perennial top 10 team. I'd be thrilled with a perennial 2nd place in the Big 10 East and occasionally knocking OSU off. 

If we're perennially 2nd in the East, we'll be a top 10 team more often than not.  I get what you're saying though.  With OSU, UM, and PSU every year, consistently being in the top 10 is a tough achievement.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

If we're perennially 2nd in the East, we'll be a top 10 team more often than not.  I get what you're saying though.  With OSU, UM, and PSU every year, consistently being in the top 10 is a tough achievement.

My thoughts exactly.  Also why I said I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think if we can sustain this momentum, and keep improving recruiting, we at least have the opportunity to supplant UM and PSU over the next decade.  Not going to be easy though.  OSU is a whole different beast, but if we could get to the point where beat them 1 out of every 3 years, I'd be ecstatic.

I also am assuming that Allen stays and the administration does what it has to in order to keep him.

• Like 1

Just getting caught up on this. Absolute huge to get a guy of this caliber out of South Florida. As others said earlier Heritage is as big as STA. Shoot they just had 6 players drafted from same high school class.

Can't tell you how absolutely huge this could be for us and future recruiting if we can start pulling in kids and they do well from those types of programs.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

I want IU to be a football team that no one feels comfortable with being on their schedule. That they know a tough, hard fought game is coming. When we can be that, we have a chance to have exceptional seasons. The king (OSU) is only the king until someone knocks them off the throne. And someone always does. Might as well be IU.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I want IU to be a football team that no one feels comfortable with being on their schedule. That they know a tough, hard fought game is coming. When we can be that, we have a chance to have exceptional seasons. The king (OSU) is only the king until someone knocks them off the throne. And someone always does. Might as well be IU.

Things are building and I'm getting comfortable with the idea of how we are building this thing. I think I mentioned in another thread. All I've ever wanted to be in football is Iowa. Every year 8-9 wins with once every 3-4 years a shot at the Rose Bowl because Ohio St is in F4.

I don't want to be unrealistic with our expectations. There are still multiple programs in the conference ahead of us but at least we know we are climbing. Much better than knowing you gave someone $6M per year and they are in stuck in mud. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm in the great state of Texas for my cousin's wedding.  You guys just got me so hyped reading this that I rattled off to my brother and dad all the recruiting success IU is having.  

I've said for 20 years if the football team could get it's act together the fans would come.  I remember way back when Steve Spurrier was available, I was pissed IU wouldn't spend the money to try and get him and build a program.  Thankfully we have a home grown builder.  Solid foundation that just keeps building.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've said for 20 years if the football team could get it's act together the fans would come.   

I hope your right. A packed stadium, with most still in attendance in the 4th quarter, would go a long way in helping the momentum continue. I really hope people show up in meaningfully greater numbers this year. 
Like everyone else I’m very excited with what Allen is doing.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

I hope your right. A packed stadium, with most still in attendance in the 4th quarter, would go a long way in helping the momentum continue. I really hope people show up in meaningfully greater numbers this year. 
Like everyone else I’m very excited with what Allen is doing.

It's the first time in years I've cross referenced Bears vs IU Football schedule so I'm not out of town for Bears game when IU is playing. This year works great. Bears in Vegas Oct 10th and IU has a bye that weekend. We chose that game because home with Ohio St is Oct 23rd.....Bears in Tampa the next day. Won't be missing that Ohio St game for anything.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's the first time in years I've cross referenced Bears vs IU Football schedule so I'm not out of town for Bears game when IU is playing. This year works great. Bears in Vegas Oct 10th and IU has a bye that weekend. We chose that game because home with Ohio St is Oct 23rd.....Bears in Tampa the next day. Won't be missing that Ohio St game for anything.

Just assume the drunk guy making fun of the OSU fans for spelling their 4 letter state is me.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just assume the drunk guy making fun of the OSU fans for spelling their 4 letter state is me.  

To me it's a perfect game for Gameday. Lee Corso has been trying to push a game at IU as his career ends. Would be a perfect day for the national spotlight to be in Bloomington. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

To me it's a perfect game for Gameday. Lee Corso has been trying to push a game at IU as his career ends. Would be a perfect day for the national spotlight to be in Bloomington. 

I think we would need to be unbeaten for this to happen.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2022 DE Richard Thomas Commits to Indiana