Dane Fife will join Mike Woodson’s staff at Indiana

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Long way to go but this guy can be our next head coach.  We get that pump primed over the next several years.  This isn’t going to be the rudderless chaos we’ve experienced the past two decades.  

...what... what is... what is this feeling I'm having? Is it... joy?? Excitement? 

I've been so numb, so apathetic for so long. This is all new and tingly and weird.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I AM SO EXCITED!!  I am beyond excited.  This is a coaching dream team being assembled here.  I am so glad Fife is back in the candy stripes, back in the SSAH, and I am seriously barely containing myself, lol. 

I am calling it now - Fife needs his own show.  Weekly bball show with Dane Fife - I am so there.

I think somebody has a crush.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

😂 Hahahahaha.... I watch that IU-Duke '92 game, and really just how he played throughout his career - so much passion.  He's fun to watch, and he just ignites a team.  And I've heard him on a radio interview and he's just a great story-teller.  

I've just told Mr. Stoller we may need to move to Bloomington so I can attend more games, LOL.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

...what... what is... what is this feeling I'm having? Is it... joy?? Excitement? 

I've been so numb, so apathetic for so long. This is all new and tingly and weird.

It’s so nice to know that we aren’t going to be anyone’s fool in the next job search.  We are finally organized.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think I need to get back to Bloomington to see if Dane would like to play a little more sink the Bismarck.  Good times

I always cursed at him for being able to cut in front of the line at Nicks while I was waiting outside freezing my ass off. I guess I'll forgive him now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I always cursed at him for being able to cut in front of the line at Nicks while I was waiting outside freezing my ass off. I guess I'll forgive him now. 

His girlfriend was roommates with  a "friend" of mine. We got to cut with them and my friend she was not 21 and no one ever asked

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Me too me too!   🙋🏼‍♀️  Hahaha!  This makes me so happy.  The best part is in his goodbye to MSU he basically says I can’t wait to go to a conference rival and hang banner number 6.  Hahahaha.  Giddy right now.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I AM SO EXCITED!!  I am beyond excited.  This is a coaching dream team being assembled here.  I am so glad Fife is back in the candy stripes, back in the SSAH, and I am seriously barely containing myself, lol. 

I am calling it now - Fife needs his own show.  Weekly bball show with Dane Fife - I am so there.

I'm repping you just for your enthusiasm...I believe I remember you saying before how much you wanted him to come on board!

Now can you wish for me to hit the powerball?😀

• Like 2

Just now, HoosierMama said:

Me too me too!   🙋🏼‍♀️  Hahaha!  This makes me so happy.  The best part is in his goodbye to MSU he basically says I can’t wait to go to a conference rival and hang banner number 6.  Hahahaha.  Giddy right now.  

Haha!  Same!! His tweet was so classy.  Just loved it and CANNOT WAIT for the season to start!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I'm repping you just for your enthusiasm...I believe I remember you saying before how much you wanted him to come on board!

Now can you wish for me to hit the powerball?😀

Haha, yes!  I did say that!  He's so funny.  He and Pat McAfee on the road in the off-season - I'm so there.

• Haha 1

Wow! This is incredible. Dane was my realistic choice to be the next head coach at IU. When that didn't happen I figured it was not meant to be. Now it seems to be a real possibility down the road.

Mike Woodson is the bridge to IU's past. Dane is a bridge to IU's past with college recruiting and coaching experience after learning from Knight and Izzo. Add what Kenya and Thad bring to the table and IU has to be considered among the best coaching staffs in the country.

Oh yeah, Kristian Lander is coming back. Talk about a good day for IU basketball.

Update: AND... IU is still the last undefeated team.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MrsStoller said:

Can you imagine him doing the weekly show with Fisch

• Like 1