Dane Fife will join Mike Woodson’s staff at Indiana

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Sounds as if Dane may be planning on being a little combative with the media.  Not taking it to the Knight level, but he did seem to take some not so veiled shots at the press.  

I was just going to post something similar. It seems like Fife is going to be better the Mother Hen. And I mean this in a good way - in the sense that he's going to go to bat for these guys by defending them in the media. Many players said Knight did the same thing; he'd purposely pick fights with the media to deflect criticism and attention away from the players. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Sounds as if Dane may be planning on being a little combative with the media.  Not taking it to the Knight level, but he did seem to take some not so veiled shots at the press.  

I think he's going to be combative with media and fans.  He didn't hold back on anyone!  The "it's not us" group of fans will not like this lol

• Like 1

Standing ovation!! Watched/listened to Fife’s media time and really don’t have anything to add except he just nails it. On all counts. Funny guy, gets it, determined, really liked what he said about the player/coach relationship being like that of with your kids and just knowing who’s in their ear, what are they hearing, etc.

Nailed it! He is the real deal.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Oh sorry!  Some people say our fan base causes issues, and those fans say " it's not us"... I just thought it was funny that Dane brought it up.

There is a sector of awful fans of Twitter in every fan base. Twitter is like the wild west.  Lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

The negativity coming from fan's.  He spoke on that subject directly 

The power of the #iubb fanbase is truly unrivaled.  Last season, we altered the trajectory of every free throw and destroyed Phinisee’s jump shot through internet posts alone... Scientists need to start studying this phenomenon, it could have huge military and national security implications.

• Like 1

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

Oh sorry!  Some people say our fan base causes issues, and those fans say " it's not us"... I just thought it was funny that Dane brought it up.

I think the overall tone was IU fans get basketball and are passionate yet he will stick up for this team.  Personally I think he was more pointing at the media and how negative articles rile the fans up.  Also noted players need to stop tweeting and start staying after games to sign autographs.  It’s on everyone, fans, media, coaches, players to be more human and know each other maybe almost like family.  If anything I think he was more implying we have gotten into this mode where we are all disconnected and we need to reconnect in real life as IU fans.  We are all to blame and all part of the solution.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There is a sector of awful fans of Twitter in every fan base. Twitter is like the wild west.  Lol

This 100% 👍

If someone thinks there's not they just need to google E.J Liddell after the Ohio State loss in the tournament, or the Masshole whenever the Celtics go on a losing streak.

Edited by Hoosier51

4 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I think the overall tone was IU fans get basketball and are passionate yet he will stick up for this team.  Personally I think he was more pointing at the media and how negative articles rile the fans up.  Also noted players need to stop tweeting and start staying after games to sign autographs.  It’s on everyone, fans, media, coaches, players to be more human and know each other maybe almost like family.  If anything I think he was more implying we have gotten into this mode where we are all disconnected and we need to reconnect in real life as IU fans.  We are all to blame and all part of the solution.

I agree!  It's on everyone to come together,  that was the point.  From fans, to media, stop the negativity, as its cancerous 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

This 100% 👍

If someone thinks there's not they just need to google E.J Liddell after Ohio State lost, or the Masshole whenever the Celtics go on a losing streak.

I just hate the "what have you done for me lately" BS. Different discussion, different time.  

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

This 100% 👍

If someone thinks there's not they just need to google E.J Liddell after the Ohio State loss in the tournament, or the Masshole whenever the Celtics go on a losing streak.

Internet tough guys have been around as long as the internet itself...Shoot, I've seen fans from other IU boards challenge each other to fights...

Anyone else remember the infamous Stellhorn Photo incident?

• Like 1