Which Wich?

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I want to go to somewhere legit and Katz deli in NYC is on my bucket list. 

They have a Katz's Deli down here in Shenandoah, but it's not affiliated with the one in NYC. 

That said, it is modeled after the NY Katz's. The sandwiches and soups (especially the matzo ball soup) is fantastic...

Dammit, now I know where we're going to lunch...that's 2 days in a row 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I kind of favor McAlister’s Deli.

I just dont consider them like the rest. I do like McAlister a lot though. I don't think they're like Subway, PS, JJ, Which Wich, Firehouse, Jerseys.. just because they don't specialize in subs or really have subs. 

Awesome place though. Great pickles. 

• Like 2

I know there are a few Casey's in Indiana.  They have excellent subs and pizza.  It is the only place that I almost had to tell the gal making my sub to stop putting meat on it and they are cheap.  Subway you have to pay for extra meat at a premium. If I wanted to taste bread, I would buy a loaf.  

3 hours ago, BDB said:

I know there are a few Casey's in Indiana.  They have excellent subs and pizza.  It is the only place that I almost had to tell the gal making my sub to stop putting meat on it and they are cheap.  Subway you have to pay for extra meat at a premium. If I wanted to taste bread, I would buy a loaf.  

Agree with Casey's pizza and the subs are fine but around me, why no cheese?  Do they put cheese on yours or is it something they just dont do?

12 hours ago, BDB said:

I think subway is for sure over priced. 

Have you ever had their seafood sub though? Solid 

On 4/10/2021 at 9:36 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Well I like Jimmy John's, been to their first location. 

My top choice is Penn station and really miss Quiznos.  

I want to go to somewhere legit and Katz deli in NYC is on my bucket list. 

I work weekend days in Bloomington so Roly Poly is in the cafeteria. Not bad. 

Penn Station's Italian is the best. Love that place. 

• Like 1

To me, the bread is the key in any sub...The rolls they use on the East Coast are my favorite...fresh and a bit chewy...of course, the ingredients have to be good and plentiful too...

That's why I can't eat Potbelly subs...they run it through a short pizza oven and dry everything out...Same thing Domino's does...

I like a hot sub, but heat the meat and some of the veggies (peppers and onions) and leave the rest alone...

There aren't any Penn Stations in my area, but next time I get around one, I'll try it...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BDB said:

Yes, just like subway, you go thru and tell them what you want on it.  They even toast it if you want.

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

To me, the bread is the key in any sub...The rolls they use on the East Coast are my favorite...fresh and a bit chewy...of course, the ingredients have to be good and plentiful too...

That's why I can't eat Potbelly subs...they run it through a short pizza oven and dry everything out...Same thing Domino's does...

I like a hot sub, but heat the meat and some of the veggies (peppers and onions) and leave the rest alone...

There aren't any Penn Stations in my area, but next time I get around one, I'll try it...

Dominos $10 5 topping Large carry out is bomb though haha 

Jalapenos, chicken, alfredo sauce, parm cheese, 3 cheese blend, and Feta lolol 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dominos $10 5 topping Large carry out is bomb though haha 

Jalapenos, chicken, alfredo sauce, parm cheese, 3 cheese blend, and Feta lolol 

I'm a Domino's alum (worked there) so I have a soft spot for them...Although the one I worked at had the biggest tool for a manager I've ever seen...The managers get their bonuses from conserving food...This guy would come over and take toppings off of a pizza if he thought you had gotten too liberal with the toppings making it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My addition to the thread.

No clue why or how it ended so poorly....but for my $ back in the day Macri's Deli in Bloomington by the mall had some of the best subs/sandwiches going. Plus they never carded so we could have a couple being underage.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm a Domino's alum (worked there) so I have a soft spot for them...Although the one I worked at had the biggest tool for a manager I've ever seen...The managers get their bonuses from conserving food...This guy would come over and take toppings off of a pizza if he thought you had gotten too liberal with the toppings making it...

Thats lame lol... that's really lame. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My addition to the thread.

No clue why or how it ended so poorly....but for my $ back in the day Macri's Deli in Bloomington by the mall had some of the best subs/sandwiches going. Plus they never carded so we could have a couple being underage.

I've eaten at Macris probably 200 times in my life lol was it cheese bread that was sooooo good there? 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I've eaten at Macris probably 200 times in my life lol was it cheese bread that was sooooo good there? 

That and almost everything I ate was perfect. Maybe it was the bread or whatever but they had turkey, chicken....even their blt's just tasted awesome. I'm going to have to tap out soon. I don't eat carbs during the week and this thread has me hungry for a giant sub and bag of chips.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, btownqb said:

Thats lame lol... that's really lame. 

Most managers at a pizza joint will take a pizza that had been made by mistake or had the wrong toppings, and put it out for the drivers/workers to have...this guy would throw it in the trash...said he wasn't going to reward incompetence...

The one time he DID put 2 of them out, it was 2 anchovy and onion pizza someone had prank called in...He said we always beeyotched because he never gae us any freebies, so have at...

I had never had anchovies on a pizza before, but I was starving...I liked them...Still do...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/10/2021 at 11:35 AM, rico said:

Personally, I think there are way too many sub sandwich fast food shops.  That being said, I enjoy eating at everyone I have ever been to sans Blimpie.  

Agreed....never understood the fascination with paying an arm and a leg for a cold sandwich. I mean I like Jimmy Johns etc as much as the next guy but why would I pay like 9-10 bucks for a cold sandwich when I can go to the supermarket deli and get a couple lbs of cold cuts, a nice block of cheese, and some fresh baked bread from the bakery and make my own for a week. I mean what am I paying for they didn't even cook anything?? I will give credit to a great philly cheese steak...I'd take one of those over any sandwhich/burger.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:54 PM, mrflynn03 said:

So a cuban lady in Jasper was selling cuban food out of her house, great food and bomb Cubano sandwiches, and cheap.

Some coward reported her to the health department so she can't sell anymore because of not having a permit. 

That sucks!! Probably didn't get a free pickle with his. What a douche. Some nice cuban resturants down here. Not my favorite food but they are quite popular.