Which Wich?

On 4/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, tdhoosier said:

Penn Station's Italian is the best. Love that place. 

I know a couple...husband lost his job. So they took all their life savings and opened one......then one year later a second.....let's say INCREDIBLY profitable. Within 4 years they had already retired millionaires. That's a lot of subs....or a nice margin!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rico said:

$$$$

Christmas present.

My step-dad either gives me cash or a new gun every year. 

Last year it was $2600 worth of silver quarters.

This dude rolls around with $$$$ in the console of his truck. One time when I was doing laundry in high school I found $5,000 in his jean pocket.

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Christmas present.

My step-dad either gives me cash or a new gun every year. 

Last year it was $2600 worth of silver quarters.

This dude rolls around with $$$$ in the console of his truck. One time when I was doing laundry in high school I found $5,000 in his jean pocket.

Your stepdad is awesome and I know that for a fact!

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 3:53 PM, IUFLA said:

If you go to the east coast, especially the northeast, you can't throw a rock without hitting one...

Have them down here in Florida too. Don't know what the excitement is about. I think it's just one of those I grew up on it and love it sort of things as all the people from NE down here swear by them. I was uninspired. Not bad...not great. Then again...I've never been blown away by a cold sammy so maybe I'm biased but my wife loves subs and she said it was just fine. I guess for gas station food maybe that is why it's rated higher....though down here we have some fabulous food in our gas stations...lots of great mexican food in them.

Edited by dgambill

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Have them down here in Florida too. Don't know what the excitement is about. I think it's just one of those I grew up on it and love it sort of things as all the people from NE down here swear by them. I was uninspired. Not bad...not great. Then again...I've never been blown away by a cold sammy so maybe I'm biased but my wife loves subs and she said it was just fine. I guess for gas station food maybe that is why it's rated higher....though down here we have some fabulous food in our gas stations...lots of great mexican food in them.

For the past 20 years I have had to go to New Jersey (Atlantic City area) off and on as a part of my job...at times, especially before navigation systems were around, I needed directions...

I honestly never received directions in NJ that didn't reference a Wawa...that's how many they have there...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

For the past 20 years I have had to go to New Jersey (Atlantic City area) off and on as a part of my job...at times, especially before navigation systems were around, I needed directions...

I honestly never received directions in NJ that didn't reference a Wawa...that's how many they have there...

Living down here in Florida...I've never received directions without a Publix reference lol....so I get it!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Which Wich was great when it first showed up here on the north side of Indy. I love a good sandwich place, but what set Which Wich apart for me was the ability to fully customize. I could add mushrooms or buffalo sauce to anything, even a breakfast sandwich. Then they got rid of the breakfast sandwich. Then they got rid of the ability to customize. I went a few times and the Ultimate BLT was really good, but there was no one in the place. Now two of the three Indy locations have closed. It's sad because Which Wich used to have a thing, then they got away from the thing, and it hasn't worked out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

Which Wich was great when it first showed up here on the north side of Indy. I love a good sandwich place, but what set Which Wich apart for me was the ability to fully customize. I could add mushrooms or buffalo sauce to anything, even a breakfast sandwich. Then they got rid of the breakfast sandwich. Then they got rid of the ability to customize. I went a few times and the Ultimate BLT was really good, but there was no one in the place. Now two of the three Indy locations have closed. It's sad because Which Wich used to have a thing, then they got away from the thing, and it hasn't worked out.

Agreed. I was also pissed about them taking the Pesto Chicken sandwich. Honestly, it's been 2 years since I have went to one. 

We make those pesto chicken sammies on a hoagie with a pepper mix and parm cheese at home. It's frustrating, like you said. I didn't even know they took the customization option off the table, crazy. 

30 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Which Wich has struggled here in St. Louis, and one of the popular locations here on the west side closed. Was a big deal when it first came, but fell out of favor as others suggested. 

Love me some Subway, Penn Station, Jersey Mikes, and Jimmy John’s. 

16 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Which Wich has struggled here in St. Louis, and one of the popular locations here on the west side closed. Was a big deal when it first came, but fell out of favor as others suggested. 

I am just not a fan of Jimmy Johns. I think it is way too much "catered event food" tasting. Penn Station is fantastic, imo. I do like Subway too, obviously it can get a little old, like anything, after awhile. But, the new garlic chicken sammies are solid... and I have always been a fan of the Sweet Onion Chicken. 

Jersey Mike's.. not been there, yet. I am not close to one, but I will find one eventually. 

Went to a Firehouse once, meh. 

16 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

In the immortal words of Dave Chappelle (imitating cops interviewing Jussie Smollett)

"Subway? Sandwiches?" 🙂

Never had Penn Station... JJ's is ok... Like Firehouse.

Jersey Mike's is the closest you'll get to White House Subs in Atlantic City or Sugar Hill Subs in May's Landing NJ. The yardstick by which I measure.

http://www.eatsugarhillsubs.com/ 

https://whitehousesubshop.net/