Sean Miller

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Of course but crying in your Mercedes and wiping the tears with 100's will ease the.pain some

Maybe so but that 10million isn't going to last forever if you are doing that. So they better improve at their job of coaching so they don't fail again. Next time I doubt there will be a 10million dollar buyout.

31 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You know their message boards will start fantasizing about Steve Kerr.

Lot of big jobs changing hands this off-season.  Indiana, UNC, Texas, Arizona.   Some lessers too like Oklahoma, Minnesota, etc.  It’s like musical chairs.  More big jobs than good candidates.  When the music stops, you want a good candidate.  

I believe there are a lot of NBA candidates if they desire leaving the NBA for college.   Mosely (Dallas) and Billups (Clipper) played at colorado. J. Vaughn is from LA. Walton played at Zona as mentioned.  JET aka Jason Terry?  I know Kidd went to Cal but he spent some time in Phoenix so maybe Arizona is a fit. 

Sean Miller and Gregg Marshall were hot when IU hired Archie.  Now all 3 need jobs.   UTEP?

18 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

I believe there are a lot of NBA candidates if they desire leaving the NBA for college.   Mosely (Dallas) and Billups (Clipper) played at colorado. J. Vaughn is from LA. Walton played at Zona as mentioned.  JET aka Jason Terry?  I know Kidd went to Cal but he spent some time in Phoenix so maybe Arizona is a fit. 

Sean Miller and Gregg Marshall were hot when IU hired Archie.  Now all 3 need jobs.   UTEP?

Yeah. Arizona doesn't seem to be a legacy type job....but a great job for an older coach to retire to I would bet. So attractive in that sense. If it wasn't for the sanctions who knows who they would get. Scott Drew's brother is in Phoenix....maybe he can bring in recruits like at Vanderbilt but they won't get hurt lol. Thunder Dan is free. Maybe Mike Dantoni wants to try his philosophy in college. 

All those said given their predicament I suspect they won't get a current big name hire. That said name recognition like Luke and bring Bibby with him might turn things around fast on the recruiting trail despite scholarship/tournament restrictions.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

No way he goes there....Luke Walton on the other hand.....guy has to know nothing any good ever happens in Sacramento. Could bring Mike Bibby with him....he is the coaching community.

Walton?  The cheating will continue.

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’d be nice if LSU followed suit.  There is no place in collegiate sports for that scumbag.  LSU should try to find an ounce of integrity and pride.  

Remember LSU is in the SEC, where they enjoy blowing smoke up the NCAA’s ......

5 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

I can see Duke changing soon also. Hopefully they along with UNC have a hard time replacing legendary coaches.

The Duke job will go to the highest bidder but I don't know if I would want to be the coach that has to take on the pressure of that job given their history.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah. Arizona doesn't seem to be a legacy type job....but a great job for an older coach to retire to I would bet. So attractive in that sense. If it wasn't for the sanctions who knows who they would get. Scott Drew's brother is in Phoenix....maybe he can bring in recruits like at Vanderbilt but they won't get hurt lol. Thunder Dan is free. Maybe Mike Dantoni wants to try his philosophy in college. 

All those said given their predicament I suspect they won't get a current big name hire. That said name recognition like Luke and bring Bibby with him might turn things around fast on the recruiting trail despite scholarship/tournament restrictions.

Travis Steele?

30 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

The Duke job will go to the highest bidder but I don't know if I would want to be the coach that has to take on the pressure of that job given their history.

To me UK would have the most pressure. Duke fanbase is no where near as big or crazy...they would just go back to being known for getting an education. Like the Northwestern/Vanderbilt of the ACC

31 minutes ago, H00sier said:

I saw somewhere Josh Pastner and John Belien were possible.

According to that link I put up...Pastner was on the 'Cats' championship team.  He also served as an assistant to Olsen and O'Neill at 'Zona before moving on to Memphis.  

6 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Walton says “no interest.” 

But what does ‘no interest’ really mean. Does it mean he could have no interest now, but may next week? I’m not sure I’ll believe him until he comes out and says that he’s a Sac-hole. And even then it might be a front to carry him to the end of the season. :coffee:

30 minutes ago, rico said:

With the way college coaches are getting "dismissed" I wouldn't want to leave a cushy NBA job either.

Luke Walton is already on his second job....and its SACRAMENTO.....he will be looking for a job very soon. Do you want to bounce around the nba for 30 years or do you want to settle down in a beautiful part of the country...raise a family...play some gulf and coach some basketball? Arizona job is much much better than NBA. You absolutely have more control over your own destiny in college then the NBA. You get to recruit your own player, a star doesn't hold your team and your job hostage, you don't have to worry about someone trading your best player because he makes too much or they want to get younger and kill your team chemistry, you can have a long career in one spot and never win a championship as long as you win enough games. There is certainly tradeoffs but the pay will be very close..and I think if you do a good job you (win your conference from time to time and make tourney every year) you are going to be there a long time.

Archived