Sean Miller

I think Beilein would be a good hire. Excellent place to live for retirement age individuals. Could coach and then move into an advisory role later. Be a nice transition coach to a former player like we saw with Michigan. He has worked and rebuilt good programs before. Didn't Michigan have some violations etc before he took over or was that Amaker? Anyways his style of ball would play well in the PAC and I think he could still get recruits there. Just come down to good assistants and who might take over for him.

20 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’d be nice if LSU followed suit.  There is no place in collegiate sports for that scumbag.  LSU should try to find an ounce of integrity and pride.  

Problem is LSU doesn't have those. LSU would let Wade go if they're not satisfied with his on-court performance. 

I happened to listen to Dakich yesterday, and he just heard the news during the show and asked "Would Arizona fire Sean Miller if he went to the final four this year? He's fired because he's not winning." I thought he was right. IU wouldn't have waited this long. Arizona doesn't have integrity, and now they're pretending they do. Even the douchebag Goodman (an UA alum) said yesterday Miller should've been fired already. 

11 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Problem is LSU doesn't have those. LSU would let Wade go if they're not satisfied with his on-court performance. 

I happened to listen to Dakich yesterday, and he just heard the news during the show and asked "Would Arizona fire Sean Miller if he went to the final four this year? He's fired because he's not winning." I thought he was right. IU wouldn't have waited this long. Arizona doesn't have integrity, and now they're pretending they do. Even the douchebag Goodman (an UA alum) said yesterday Miller should've been fired already. 

I think a lot to that. Given how good some of his teams were to never make a final four certainly has to play a part. Given all the talent he paid for what did he get for it. A couple elite 8's. Then the school looks and sees UCLA without one of their best players making a run at a final four and a half court shot away from the championship game. Oregon St. making a deep run. Oregon consistently making deep runs. Arizona has fallen off and given what is about to come down on them it will fall off even more. No doubt it makes sense to make a change...and after the school saw what the other PAC schools have achieved this year...made it all the easier to justify.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I think they were 17-7 this year.  Didn't make the FF because they ruled themselves ineligible.  Miller has won plenty at 'Zona.  The issue here isn't winning...it is how they went about winning.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Luke Walton is already on his second job....and its SACRAMENTO.....he will be looking for a job very soon. Do you want to bounce around the nba for 30 years or do you want to settle down in a beautiful part of the country...raise a family...play some gulf and coach some basketball? Arizona job is much much better than NBA. You absolutely have more control over your own destiny in college then the NBA. You get to recruit your own player, a star doesn't hold your team and your job hostage, you don't have to worry about someone trading your best player because he makes too much or they want to get younger and kill your team chemistry, you can have a long career in one spot and never win a championship as long as you win enough games. There is certainly tradeoffs but the pay will be very close..and I think if you do a good job you (win your conference from time to time and make tourney every year) you are going to be there a long time.

What does Luke think of your take?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

Who was the last sitting NBA head coach to leave for a college job? 

Who was the last Sacramento King coach to last longer than 3 years? It's been awhile....its basically the worst run and least successful organization in the history of the NBA. I wouldn't get too comfortable there.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I think they were 17-7 this year.  Didn't make the FF because they ruled themselves ineligible.  Miller has won plenty at 'Zona.  The issue here isn't winning...it is how they went about winning.

Your right he has won...but don't think the school hasn't seen what has been happening in the PAC lately. Since the allegations broke his team went out in the first rd and then missed the tournament...and was border line to make it the last two years...while Oregon has been the conference standard bearer and now it looks like UCLA finally got their coaching hire right and is set to be very formidable. He wasn't losing...but no doubt the infractions were going to make winning very difficult. In the end its a matter of winning. Kansas is looking at infractions of the same type....they double down on their coach. If Sean was winning enough....Arizona would have done the same. It all factors in.

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Your right he has won...but don't think the school hasn't seen what has been happening in the PAC lately. Since the allegations broke his team went out in the first rd and then missed the tournament...and was border line to make it the last two years...while Oregon has been the conference standard bearer and now it looks like UCLA finally got their coaching hire right and is set to be very formidable. He wasn't losing...but no doubt the infractions were going to make winning very difficult. In the end its a matter of winning. Kansas is looking at infractions of the same type....they double down on their coach. If Sean was winning enough....Arizona would have done the same. It all factors in.

Fair enough, but I disagree.

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Fair enough, but I disagree.

Nothing wrong with that. I just think it's a combo of the two...if he was winning like Self they would fight to keep him....but he hasn't and given the infractions and what is set to come down...made it all the easier to part with him. But easily could see it being more penalty than success what made them go in this direction.

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nothing wrong with that. I just think it's a combo of the two...if he was winning like Self they would fight to keep him....but he hasn't and given the infractions and what is set to come down...made it all the easier to part with him. But easily could see it being more penalty than success what made them go in this direction.

I would suspect more info/intel came available to the admin at 'Zona.  They decided to distance themselves. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Stevens should take some notes. This is how you definitively and clearly state you're not taking a job without making yourself look like an a$$.

Speaking of Brad, when is the next fan club meeting @rico? Meeting in your new garage? Cooking up some fried perch for us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Speaking of Brad, when is the next fan club meeting @rico? Meeting in your new garage? Cooking up some fried perch for us?

You are the first to say anything to me!  LOL  I wonder if anybody else has noticed?  Been up there for a few weeks.

4 hours ago, rico said:

That's the thing. If the issue truly was how they went about winning, Sean Miller should've been let go long time ago. The news on FBI's wiretap of him discussing with Book Richardson about payments broke out on ESPN in Feb 2018. Arizona waited more than 3 years, and with all those talents and playing in one of the easiest power 5 conferences, Miller's ceiling was Elite Eight. My hunch is the school has finally decided that with the level of Sean Miller's performance with all these negativity and legal issues, it is not worth keeping him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

That's the thing. If the issue truly was how they went about winning, Sean Miller should've been let go long time ago. The news on FBI's wiretap of him discussing with Book Richardson about payments broke out on ESPN in Feb 2018. Arizona waited more than 3 years, and with all those talents and playing in one of the easiest power 5 conferences, Miller's ceiling was Elite Eight. My hunch is the school has finally decided that with the level of Sean Miller's performance with all these negativity and legal issues, it is not worth keeping him. 

Not sure you can say the PAC is the easier Power5 conference anymore.  They are showing something by owning the NCAA Tourney this year.