Sean Miller

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Achie never said goodbye 

Screenshot_20210409-132622_Twitter~2.jpg

Archie seems to have buried himself in a hole. I can't believe that he was happy here or with the results over his 4 year tenure. I hate to say it but he was totally out of his league. I have no idea what he was thinking and what his coaching style was. Hopefully one day he figures it out and works on his deficiencies. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm glad he didn't. I hope he stays the hell away from our program and never comes back. The guy always acted like it was a bother to be here and never seemed happy or grateful for the chance we gave him. 

You know it’s really weird, I enjoyed him no nonsense style for awhile, after Crean it was a welcome change. But, I agree Miller seemed to never really embrace the chance the University gave him, maybe it was just his piss poor coaching and being increasingly under pressure, fella didn’t thrive under pressure for sure.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, H00sier said:

You know it’s really weird, I enjoyed him no nonsense style for awhile, after Crean it was a welcome change. But, I agree Miller seemed to never really embrace the chance the University gave him, maybe it was just his piss poor coaching and being increasingly under pressure, fella didn’t thrive under pressure for sure.

He seemed stubborn and resentful of something. It still amazes me how bad his tenure was. I was really excited when he was hired. 

• Like 7

On 4/10/2021 at 8:35 AM, rico said:

So, considering The Pope guy has an inside tract to God, would this mean....

• He's above the law and can cheat at will
  • He would cleanse all sin from Arizona's program 

Either way, Pope would be a salvation for the Wildcats. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, considering The Pope guy has an inside tract to God, would this mean....

• He's above the law and can cheat at will
  • He would cleanse all sin from Arizona's program 

Either way, Pope would be a salvation for the Wildcats. 

I lost respect, if I had any, for 'Zona and Lute when they signed Chris Mills.  I bet UK fans remember him.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:07 PM, H00sier said:

I think we all mistook his no nonsense, gruff attitude like he was going to pound the fundamentals and we were finally going to see disciplined basketball. In the end it was all bark and no bite.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It's possible but I've heard Sean is planning on getting on an NBA staff for the 2021-2022 season. 

Oh yeah, the island of misfit college coaches is off the coast of the NBA.  They go to repair their images and wait for the next tasty college gig.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Agree with some of that. I don't think you need to make a decision right away. I mean these guys want instant gratification...it just doesn't work that way. You want to get that right. I just think the timing of firing Miller was bad and clearly they hadn't had talks with future coaches to see who would accept. It's obvious that they want to act like they are taking the moral high ground by firing him before they get wacked...yet only doing it when they saw he couldn't continue to win at an elite clip without paying for players. The problem is any potential coach has no idea what the penalties are going to be or how long it will go on. Look at Mack at UL....guy and team always in limbo waiting for the hammer to come down and it has destroyed any momentum he would hope to create there. I don't like the media playing incompetence angle though. They should have been outcries for years about getting rid of Miller but they were ok if he won games. They should have put the pressure on the University if they wanted a better scenerio. Arizona tried to straddle the fence on the issue and in the end its going to hurt them....but to criticize now when they haven't been pushing for Millers dismissal all along seems disengenuis.