Tamar Bates Commits to INDIANA!!

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Reading too much into it IMO.

Now we need a forward and we are set.  I think the competitiveness of practices is about to pick up.

Your last sentence is spot on. We'll see how things shake out on playing time, minutes, incoming transfers.....probably an outgoing transfer will happen but we've changed this roster over along with style of play in less than a month. Couldn't be happier to see the momentum created inside this program within 30 days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Your last sentence is spot on. We'll see how things shake out on playing time, minutes, incoming transfers.....probably an outgoing transfer will happen but we've changed this roster over along with style of play in less than a month. Couldn't be happier to see the momentum created inside this program within 30 days.

who do you see as the outgoing transfer?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Kind of odd seeing  a player today wearing #53

Also wondering if this is it for the roster or do we see anymore movement either way

I just connected the dots on 53. We all know back in the day license plates in Indiana were alphabetized by county. Monroe was 53. That's why he chose IU. Haha....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ok...can anyone interpret the being number 2 is first to lose thing (is this a Ricky Bobby interpretation??) or is he taking a shot at the last player to wear #2 that left the team?? Don't get me wrong I like that he is here to win if that is what he is saying but why put that in your announcement post? Kinda cryptic isn't it? Or am I reading too much into it!!

Reading WAY too much into it. I interpret it as saying winning is the only thing. NICE pickup!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Bates on Woodson and staff:

“Past his own decorated personal achievements and accolades, he just stressed how important it was that he make me better as a man," said Bates. "Me and my family felt that being around him and the staff that he’s put together that they would be able to continue to build my mental capacity and just help me grow as a young man.  I’m going to be with them for a pretty important portion of my life and that was the one thing that was really important to us, being around a group of men that are going to build me and have my best interests first.”

https://247sports.com/Article/Mike-Woodson-and-Indiana-land-coveted-guard-Tamar-Bates-164379494/

I don't want to inject a social debate into this but don't you think it is a huge factor that we now have 3 African American coaches on this staff...all seem to be preaching the same thing. Can't just be a fluke.

• Like 3

Just now, dgambill said:

I don't want to inject a social debate into this but don't you think it is a huge factor that we now have 3 African American coaches on this staff...all seem to be preaching the same thing. Can't just be a fluke.

I think that is one of many factors. The atmosphere, climate, and culture of IU basketball are all changing before our eyes. When that happens new things can grow and develop. 

• Like 5