Tamar Bates Commits to INDIANA!!

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

“I must admit I didn't think much of Chet first time I laid eyes on him; looked like a stiff breeze would blow him over. That was my first impression of the man.”

DD4D2F7E-D2C6-475D-8048-FC2D5E607B58.jpeg

You can't make a Shawshank reference and not cause me to have to watch it again.  Curse you!  I have other things I need to do tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You can't make a Shawshank reference and not cause me to have to watch it again.  Curse you!  I have other things I need to do tonight.

If I’m ever scrolling through the guide with my wife in the room and we see Shawshank is on, she says: “don’t do it.” Haha

same thing for Back to the Future and Enemy of the State. I just can’t resist. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

If I’m ever scrolling through the guide with my wife in the room and we see Shawshank is on, she says: “don’t do it.” Haha

same thing for Back to the Future and Enemy of the State. I just can’t resist. 

Tombstone is my #1 click on as I flip channels.  Never pass it up.  Raiders of the Lost Ark gets me every time as well.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Wowwww, this is HUGE.  Landing top 50 guard talent like this consistently is the key to maintaining a successful program, and this kid immediately fills our biggest need at the guard spot.  Our group of guards should go from a huge weakness last season to a strength next season.  Can’t wait to see them play in the new offense.

And we landed Bates out of nowhere with no smoke beforehand?  This coaching staff is obviously connecting with recruits in a major way — getting those Juwan Howard vibes now.  Exciting stuff.

The whole staff was in yesterday working hard.

• Like 5

Congrats to Tamar and his family. Welcome to Indiana basketball.

Big congrats to CMW and his staff. They are getting after it at a level I'm not sure anybody could have predicted this quickly. Dolson took a lot of criticism leading up to hiring CMW but as of today he's looking like a genius.

My hope is they add another big to help inside, preferably a shot blocker. If not, at least someone who can play inside and out. The B1G is physical and comes at you with size in waves. It would be nice to finally have a team that is not pushed all over the court and completely outmanned inside during conference play.

Note: The idea of Lander, Leal, Galloway, Rob, XJ, PS, and TB going at it every day in practice would be worth the price of admission by itself. The possible combinations are endless. It will be interesting to see who rises and  what pace they end up playing at.  

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Tombstone is my #1 click on as I flip channels.  Never pass it up.  Raiders of the Lost Ark gets me every time as well.  

Tombstone gets me every time!!! I go to my father in laws house probably 2 times a week....and never have I been there that he is not either watching NCIS (old school reruns) or always always watching Jack Reacher.....that movie seems to be on a channel somewhere on cable every night lol.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Roadhouse always when I come across and it is pretty much on every hour of the day on some channel.

image.gif.13c3684b7fe898d5df1485df797d1644.gif

Kelly Lynch will always hold a dear place in my heart lol. First set of boobies I ever remember seeing. Suddenly my eyes to women were opened and I never looked at them the same again. lol TMI probably

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Doesn’t he play with this kid?? Efton Reid

not a stretch 4 but well...why not.

I'm surprised your comment hasn't generated any discussion.  I haven't seen anything mentioning any IU involvement and it's definitely bordering on wishful thinking but...

He was scheduled to make a commitment announcement 4 days ago and then abruptly cancelled his press conference.  None of the experts seem to know why or have a sense of where he might be heading.  Throw in the TJD tweet (Are we done?  Nope), and timing of the Bates commitment - maybe it's a possibility.  I would think whoever they are trying to add would be a Big. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, olsontex said:

I'm surprised your comment hasn't generated any discussion.  I haven't seen anything mentioning any IU involvement and it's definitely bordering on wishful thinking but...

He was scheduled to make a commitment announcement 4 days ago and then abruptly cancelled his press conference.  None of the experts seem to know why or have a sense of where he might be heading.  Throw in the TJD tweet (Are we done?  Nope), and timing of the Bates commitment - maybe it's a possibility.  I would think whoever they are trying to add would be a Big. 

Seems like an LSU lean, but the timing of everything does seem intriguing at least. This would be quite a quick and impressive recruiting job to swing this one. 

1 minute ago, Between2Halls said:

Seems like an LSU lean, but the timing of everything does seem intriguing at least. This would be quite a quick and impressive recruiting job to swing this one. 

Someone on btown banners said he and Kenya now follow each other

14 minutes ago, ephul said:

Someone on btown banners said he and Kenya now follow each other

Hmmm. Stalked it to find that is true about the Twitter following.

It seemed he was leaning to OSU, but they are full now up front. If IU somehow lands him I guess we traded Brunk  for him. LSU, FSU, and Pitt seem to be getting the most traction from what I have seen.  

Edited by Between2Halls
  • Thanks 1