Tamar Bates Commits to INDIANA!!

On 6/3/2021 at 6:19 AM, dwtaylor1055 said:

Xavier arrived yesterday.  

I believe Tamar Bates can be as good as Romeo.  Call me crazy but I truly believe so.  Tamar played at IMG, against higher level talent imo and doesn't have near the expectations entering IU that Romeo did.  I loved Romeo so this is not a knack at him by any means.  I can see Tamar making an immediate impact and it appears to have already started with how much his family embraced the last few weeks and moving him in.  

Man this fall is going to be soooo much fun with the hype around both football and basketball.  

Not true. 

But I agree with everything else.  I think Tamar is an 11-13ppg this year and then takes off after that. 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:37 PM, btownqb said:

Let's say Woodson shrunk an inch with older age... Bates gotta be a legit 6'5.5 maybe a true 6'6. Length matters. 

Was coach a legit 6’5”? I know that’s what he was listed at but you know how those things work. 

That and in some of those old photos of him, he had that biiiiiig Afro going, which if you counted that, he was pushing 7’ 🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Was coach a legit 6’5”? I know that’s what he was listed at but you know how those things work. 

That and in some of those old photos of him, he had that biiiiiig Afro going, which if you counted that, he was pushing 7’ 🤣

He had a very small wingspan for a 7 footer. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

He had a very small wingspan for a 7 footer. 

I remember this:

During the Purdue game, Vitale had this to say about Indiana's 7-foot center, Todd Lindeman: "He's not a real true 7-footer. He may be 7-foot in size, but he's also got that big, big, like, the neck and the head, and therefore he loses a couple of inches versus a true 7-footer with the long arms."

Shortly after that Vitale realized Coach was messing with him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IUaic said:

I remember this:

During the Purdue game, Vitale had this to say about Indiana's 7-foot center, Todd Lindeman: "He's not a real true 7-footer. He may be 7-foot in size, but he's also got that big, big, like, the neck and the head, and therefore he loses a couple of inches versus a true 7-footer with the long arms."

Shortly after that Vitale realized Coach was messing with him.

Speaking of long necks, does anybody remember that guy that played at purdue, I think his name was Michael Scearce (or something like that)?  Almost freakish.  And didn't Derrrick Holcombe have calves that looked like hams?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Speaking of long necks, does anybody remember that guy that played at purdue, I think his name was Michael Scearce (or something like that)?  Almost freakish.  And didn't Derrrick Holcombe have calves that looked like hams?

Wow...this thread really took a turn.....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...