Salad anyone?

rico

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Want to buy some groundhog bacon?

I'll have to take a pass. I'm sure it's good but if you just called it bacon I'd say yes. When you added the groundhog part.....just won't work. haha. Had friends who grew up on farms in Northern Illinois. Groundhog, rabbits, squirrels,etc.....they ate it all but even I have my limits.

I like a killer salad with fancy lettuce. Raddichio is my current favorite lettuce (but apparenlty it’s not lettuce hen I look it up - fomr chicory family). It’s kind of bitter, but it plays really well with a creamy dressing. My wife makes fun of me, b/c I’ll always choose a salad with raddichio if it’s on the menu. That is if I’m not choosing fries - which is 90 percent of the time. 

Also a big fan of a simple wedge salad. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I like a killer salad with fancy lettuce. Raddichio is my current favorite lettuce (but apparenlty it’s not lettuce hen I look it up - fomr chicory family). It’s kind of bitter, but it plays really well with a creamy dressing. My wife makes fun of me, b/c I’ll always choose a salad with raddichio if it’s on the menu. That is if I’m not choosing fries - which is 90 percent of the time. 

I like arugula in salads. 

My wife feeds me kale, dont know if she's trying to kill me or keep me alive😉

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

There was a restaurant called Seven Continents at O'Hare back in early 80's. My Dad and I were flying down to Miami for my first official college football game (Canes vs West Virginia...Canes had Bernie and WV had Jeff Hostetler). Anyway....we had a delay so we went to get food and I got a wedge salad. Huge wedge of salad w/blue cheese in all it's glory and that was it. I remember it so well because I believe it was the first time I used a steak knife for a salad. 

I'm with you. Simple wedge is always good in my book. 

• Like 1