Mike Woodson's coaching staff at Indiana will be Kenya Hunter, Dane Fife and Yasir Rosemond

7 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

There are some that are wringing their hands, gnashing their teeth and pulling their hair over the last asst. coach hired....

Just sayin'....

Maybe he turned over a new leaf since he was named but didn't go to jail. I'm more concerned he didn't have any players the shoe guys wanted to pay....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Can you post the link please and thank you

AJ Moye on Instagram and Watford (and his brother) on Twitter. Southern guys. Both consider him like family. People can bash the hire, but unless he's the dumbest guy ever, I would hope being investigated by the FBI scared him completely straight. This seems like a slam dunk hire for recruiting. He seems like a guy people/players/recruits love. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNqum1DFq9Y/

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

Can you post the link please and thank you

Well I would but I don’t know how to do that lol but C Watford and AJ Moye both had nice things to say about him including that they have been friends with Rosemond for a long time. Rosemond has been friends with Moye since AJ he was 10 years old

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Having someone that connected in Atlanta is definitely not a bad thing. This article also covers all the big time guys that he’s worked with. 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/indiana-mike-woodson-hires-yasir-rosemond-as-third-assistant-coach

"Rosemond then played at No. 1-ranked Okaloosa-Walton Junior College in Florida for one season during 1995-96"

Hey! That's one of my alma maters...But it was Okaloosa-Walton COMMUNITY College. Now Northwest Florida State College (4 year).

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

"Rosemond then played at No. 1-ranked Okaloosa-Walton Junior College in Florida for one season during 1995-96"

Hey! That's one of my alma maters...But it was Okaloosa-Walton COMMUNITY College. Now Northwest Florida State College (4 year).

Then where were your sources during this whole thing?! 😎

• Haha 3

Just now, tdhoosier said:

Then where were your sources during this whole thing?! 😎

😄

OWCC actually won the NJCAA National Championship the year I got my first AS  (1995). I use to play pick-up with some of those guys at the school's gym and at Eglin's Base gym (a lot better competition than on campus). Never met Yasir that I know of though...

• Like 1

The more I read into Rosemond, the more I like. Some of my favorite quotes from the CWat and Moye interviews:

“I love Yasir. He’s so knowledgeable. He really knows how to run a team from the point guard position. He’s a wizard with point guards. He’s a great recruiter. He’s a phenomenal human being”

“He didn’t have to make time for me, but he’s one of the guys I can call anytime. For me and him, it’s something deeper than basketball.”

*Article also mentioned him leaving Bama was a big reason why Trendon didn’t go/big reason why Colin Sexton went to Bama. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Coach Hunter said Parker Stewart hit 20 of 21 threes the other day. I'd rather hear more of that then how much a guy can bench press this off-season. 

I haven't seen max out bench press numbers ever posted. I've watched my HS kids hit 42 of 50 from 3 in a drill. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

AJ Moye on Instagram and Watford (and his brother) on Twitter. Southern guys. Both consider him like family. People can bash the hire, but unless he's the dumbest guy ever, I would hope being investigated by the FBI scared him completely straight. This seems like a slam dunk hire for recruiting. He seems like a guy people/players/recruits love. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNqum1DFq9Y/

I listened to Jerrod Morris talk about the hire earlier. I trust him to do his due diligence and was very careful to point out that Rosemond wasn’t himself investigated by the FBI, but merely mentioned in the report. 

So, no smoke, no fire, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 12:30 AM, Indykev said:

For sure.

What if we have 5 years of mediocre basketball? You think Fife gets the job then? I know I know....that is heresy to say but let's be real...there is probably a 50% chance that could happen and we continue to be mostly irrelevant. Would you support handing it over to Fife then? I am excited for a chance for things to change...but I also want to temper expectations...this might not turn around right away and I don't want to immediately go into depression and people getting bitter. Before we go annointing someone lets win some games first.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, btownqb said:

I haven't seen max out bench press numbers ever posted. I've watched my HS kids hit 42 of 50 from 3 in a drill. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah...I love seeing good shooting and am not trying to throw a wet blanket on IU but yeah...when my dad would set up racks me and my brother could go around the horn and rarely miss more than 5 (and I'm not a college player for sure). I remember seeing Brody Boyd hit 50 in a row before several times and would shoot 90% when he was just shooting by himself (usually only started to miss more when he would get tired). 

I think its great...and I do think those two will be our best threats from 3. Jerome was very streaky last year and from the couple games I watched Stewart he is kinda similar. Al Durham was a great 3 pt shooter when he was wide open and had his feet set and had time to shoot..he really was....but how good could he shoot when stepping back, hand in his face, off the dribble...after side stepping a defender flying out??? Not very good at all. We all want guys that can knock down open 3's...we haven't really even had that....but that is the MINIMUM our guards need to be able to do. We need guys that can shoot a good percentage after making a move...that kind of dynamic player....hopefully Stewart and Jerome are that kind of player..they have potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...I love seeing good shooting and am not trying to throw a wet blanket on IU but yeah...when my dad would set up racks me and my brother could go around the horn and rarely miss more than 5 (and I'm not a college player for sure). I remember seeing Brody Boyd hit 50 in a row before several times and would shoot 90% when he was just shooting by himself (usually only started to miss more when he would get tired). 

I think its great...and I do think those two will be our best threats from 3. Jerome was very streaky last year and from the couple games I watched Stewart he is kinda similar. Al Durham was a great 3 pt shooter when he was wide open and had his feet set and had time to shoot..he really was....but how good could he shoot when stepping back, hand in his face, off the dribble...after side stepping a defender flying out??? Not very good at all. We all want guys that can knock down open 3's...we haven't really even had that....but that is the MINIMUM our guards need to be able to do. We need guys that can shoot a good percentage after making a move...that kind of dynamic player....hopefully Stewart and Jerome are that kind of player..they have potential.

Right. Those drills are drills, they aren't the real thing. We had another kid separate from the one that hit 42 of 50, hit 34 3s in 2 mins.  

• Like 1