Mike Woodson's coaching staff at Indiana will be Kenya Hunter, Dane Fife and Yasir Rosemond

Contemplating a Kenya Hunter appreciation thread for turning a weakness into a possible strength.

I will thank Archie for bringing him in, but him and Woody appear to click. An assistant can garner interest from a ton of great players but it won't matter unless he has somebody behind him with stability and can close the deal. 

...and it doesn't hurt to have the player development credentials of an experienced staff as the foundation. Think about the list of names names they can put together: from Carmelo to Conley to Draymond to Sexton. Just am really, really happy so far with the direction this program is going. I'm very optimistic this will translate to success on the court....keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wish he would talk more.

Loved how Coach Woodson called him out for not being vocal enough and then joined the jumping jacks! Saw how when Coach Yas was yelling finish, finish, finish Coach Woodson was standing in the background with his hands across his chest! Letting his staff succeed, that’s how to build a leadership team!!!!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Loved how Coach Woodson called him out for not being vocal enough and then joined the jumping jacks! Saw how when Coach Yas was yelling finish, finish, finish Coach Woodson was standing in the background with his hands across his chest! Letting his staff succeed, that’s how to build a leadership team!!!!!!

That was a nice appetizer before tomorrow night

On 11/8/2021 at 7:03 AM, dbmhoosier said:

I wish he would talk more.

Definitely the hype man of the staff. Seems like he’s the “cool older cousin” personality type. An authority, but one the kids can connect with and relate to. 

Top to bottom, I love this staff. Fife as a clear 2nd in command, Matta in the “consigliere” role, Hunter for continuity/existing knowledge of the roster and Ya as the young, energetic up and comer. Well balanced across age ranges, personality types and experience levels. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Now that's an analogy for the ages...

Funny you picked out that term from Zline's post. I did too because  I've been re-watching the Godfather films this week.  It's been awhile since I have seen them.  They have been digitally restored.

As for Coach Ya, he is a very likable guy.  You can see the players are warm to him.  A guy like that brings a lot of value to the staff.  He looks very relatable to the players, which can be especially valuable when someone or the team s having a down day.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2