2022 OL Carter Smith Commits to Indiana

Leathernecks

2 hours ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

He just announced a top 5. Ole Miss, Virginia, Northwestern, Tennesee, Indiana.

5 years ago I’d look at that list and think “well, no way we compete with that crowd”...now they don’t compete with IU.  These are amazing times for this program 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, KDB said:

Noted in the 2022 thread, but two CB’s for IU from Wiltfong and Weaver. 7 and 9 out of 10 confidence.

This should be the next domino to fall. What an exciting 4 days for the program! The dividends are starting to increase on the Tom Allen investment. It's a great day to be a Hoosier!

• Like 2

• Leathernecks changed the title to 2022 OL Carter Smith

He worked out for OSU June 1st, and impressed them enough to get an invite for an official visit.  I'm guessing that all fell through since I didn't find any more about it. From the little I've read, it sounded like he really wanted an OSU offer. Maybe that didn't happen and we were next on the list. Having a chip on your shoulder against one of the teams in your own division isn't a bad thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

He worked out for OSU June 1st, and impressed them enough to get an invite for an official visit.  I'm guessing that all fell through since I didn't find any more about it. From the little I've read, it sounded like he really wanted an OSU offer. Maybe that didn't happen and we were next on the list. Having a chip on your shoulder against one of the teams in your own division isn't a bad thing.

Yeah...the local kid who grew up a Buckeye fan, but wasn't quite good enough maybe.  We're familiar with that in bb, aren't we.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could see his ranking going up at some point this summer/fall. Rivals has him ranked really low (maybe they haven't seen him?). He is the 38th ranked player in Ohio on there, and the 12th ranked player in Ohio on 247's ranking. His composite is 20th. I could see that ranking getter better if Rivals gives him a different ranking.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I could see his ranking going up at some point this summer/fall. Rivals has him ranked really low (maybe they haven't seen him?). He is the 38th ranked player in Ohio on there, and the 12th ranked player in Ohio on 247's ranking. His composite is 20th. I could see that ranking getter better if Rivals gives him a different ranking.

And he’s not even ranked on ESPN. 

If he gets upped on Rivals and a ranking on ESPN he could be a composite 4-star or real close.

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2022 OL Carter Smith Commits to Indiana
Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Absolutely love it!!! I love volleyball. We were 4 time state runner up while I was in HS to Muncie Burris. Big time volleyball program, and played a ton of pick up volleyball growing up and still do. 

Carter might be much more in the mold of a Spriggs than any other guy we've had recently. He is going to put on weight easy. I'm willing to bet he is 275-285 and is 100% natural. Like no eating plan. They'll get him eating here soon.. he'll be 6'6 300lbs easy come next June. Love multi sport athletes.