Miller Kopp to IU

Just now, BGleas said:

I really hope fans are allowed back next season. TJD deserves to go out with a season full of packed houses. 

Health and safety #1 of course. 

Indy is getting ready to have 200,000 for the 500. Dolson said the tailgate fields and stands will be open for football. A new prez at IU who loves sports!!!!!!!!. Shouldn't be a problem. Finding cheap tickets anymore will be.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Thanks for that.  Very hard worker.  Dedicated kid.  

From what I understand, Brunk was our 'work ethic leader'. hopefully Kopp steps into that role. 

So many weaknesses have been turned into a plus in the last 3 weeks: shooting, toughness, leadership, etc. I'm a bit on cloud 9.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

From what I understand, Brunk was our 'work ethic leader'. hopefully Kopp steps into that role. 

So many weaknesses have been turned into a plus in the last 3 weeks: shooting, toughness, leadership, etc. I'm a bit on cloud 9.

Those 2 are still TBD but I agree with your overall post. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Between2Halls said:

A recurring sentiment about Coach Woodson. 

CABA4BE3-E0CB-4084-AE05-AE2F02BBBE43.jpeg

As others have joked....once Woodson figures out this recruiting thing we might have something. Haha. To change our roster over this quickly and to do so not just with bodies but top transfers and top 50 recruits? Can't say it enough how impressed I am with Coach Woodson so far.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Piston Honda said:

Hearing there may still be some roster management to be done. I am still hopeful we can find a place for Kyle Mangas. I think he can help the team big time next year. 

This makes sense. I don't want any of the guys to leave but signs all point to someone else choosing to play elsewhere. In a transition year with new coach/staff it's expected. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piston Honda said:

Hearing there may still be some roster management to be done. I am still hopeful we can find a place for Kyle Mangas. I think he can help the team big time next year. 

Rob, hunter, Leal or Trey? which goes? Not getting this kid as a walk on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Evans was Big Ten player of the year. Nope Kopp isn't that...lol

I think people forget just how great he was for us. Not just as junior and senior. Do people forget his heroics defending Webber and helping us hold off the fab five to basically wrap up the B1G Championship?? As a FRESHMAN! People should really go back and rewatch him. Imagine Brian Evans today. Perfect stretch 4! I know he wasn't quick but dang that kid could shoot...and boy did he fight defending bigger dudes. Despite all his injuries he is an all timer in my book! I'll take anything resembling that from Miller. Go IU!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-02-15-1993046088-story.html

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Piston Honda said:

I like the kid but boy...not sure where he would fit on this team. Basically Miller Kopp just filled that role. To bring in a guy like him we would likely have to lose someone like Leal or Galloway? Not sure I would make that trade for 1 year to lose 3-4 of those guys. I mean...if the kid wants to walk on...well he won't but if he did...that would be another story.