Miller Kopp to IU

40 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

TJD is our FIVE.

Understand that? We aren’t getting a starting five.  

Four out and one in means what to you? It means your four must be able to shoot. Gonzaga and Baylor started a 6’7” and 6’5” at the four last year.  Just 🛑 

Holy s*** Batman. You are absolutely correct. That 🛑 .... you got me there. how could I possibly have my own opinion now.
maybe reread my post for comprehension

Edited by ledies22
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hunter has not been very good at playing basketball at Indiana, at all. Kopp has over 3 times as many career points scored. I guess I don't understand how someone that avged 13p 4r and shot 39% from 3 and is 6'7 could be a bad thing? 

He’s had good spurts. I don’t think you can compare career stats of Kopp and JH. 
didn’t really say it was a bad thing. We will see what happens. But what I said is I don’t want to force someone to move on and add Kopp who will be a role player. Kopp and TJD on the court at the same time will help offensively, but defensively we are in trouble. 

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Indy is getting ready to have 200,000 for the 500. Dolson said the tailgate fields and stands will be open for football. A new prez at IU who loves sports!!!!!!!!. Shouldn't be a problem. Finding cheap tickets anymore will be.

Anyone who has been vaccinated SHOULD get a hefty discount! 

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Thats the way i take it...Leal and Galloway are said to be IU lifers...maybe someone else isnt liking the way the last couple weeks have went..🤷‍♂️

My assumption is Hunter. I know RP’s mom was happy that Coach Clif was staying, so I don’t know if he’s the one based on that, unless feelings changed in the last couple days. I feel like RP will really benefit from not having to be the man with the ball at all times. We relied on him to score last year and I feel like he can relax now and do his thing. I hate to speculate on kids, or make the statement I’m about to make, but I’m wondering if Hunter’s playing time just got crushed. With the addition of Kopp and Hunter’s inability to play D and make good decisions.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Holy s*** Batman. You are absolutely correct. That 🛑 .... you got me there. how could I possibly have my own opinion now.
maybe reread my post. Comprehension? 

You are in this old view of basketball.  Unless you get some Dirk type to play the four it is going to be a 6’5” to 6’8” type.  Gonzaga 6’7” at the four, Baylor 6’5” at the four, Illinois 6’6” at the four, Purdue 6’6” at the four, OSU 6’7” at the four...

Tweeners at the four are fine.  It’s a position that needs a shooter more than size.  

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Like 3

Excellent addition!  This kid can do it all, and in a solid role will be a great addition.  Being around NW, he has the capabilities of more.  Reading some of the comments about rebounding, he was asked to do it as much and within their system.  With IU'S new offense and Johnson and others ability to drive, more will open up for him.  Awesome get

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

What will we talk about you ask

The schedule - how many cupcakes are too many

Lineups - we will all be wrong

The annual “who is the X factor thread “

The annual “we are really deep this year thread “ - I might actually buy in to that a bit this year

How much we hate Purdue 

How much we hate UK

How overrated team x is and how website/journalist y has us underrated 

How big a tool Goodman is

Dakich

Any number of rabbit trails about movies, stray animals, old girl friends, etc  

We are HSN, we will manage  

And welcome aboard Koop 

I think Goodman and Dack itch get around a campfire singing some campfire songs and talking about their obsession with IU basketball and how much they hate us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think people forget just how great he was for us. Not just as junior and senior. Do people forget his heroics defending Webber and helping us hold off the fab five to basically wrap up the B1G Championship?? As a FRESHMAN! People should really go back and rewatch him. Imagine Brian Evans today. Perfect stretch 4! I know he wasn't quick but dang that kid could shoot...and boy did he fight defending bigger dudes. Despite all his injuries he is an all timer in my book! I'll take anything resembling that from Miller. Go IU!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1993-02-15-1993046088-story.html

Just watched that game about a month or so ago, Evans was a damn fine player and everything about reminds me of IU.

• Like 1

Love the shooter aspect.  What does this do for our depth and now log jam at the non primary/facilitating wing position?

Leal 6'5” 210.  Not quite a true shooting guard, that's the end game goal.  Currently not a great defender.  A shooter about to pop. 

Galloway 6'4" 210.  Not a shooting guard if you can't shoot, that is the end game goal.  Currently a good not great defender-

Hunter 6'7" 215.  The goal is a 3/4 that can shoot and still guard maybe up to 3 positions.  Becoming a serviceable, versitile defender when his head is focused.  

Geronimo 6'6" 220.  Physical specimen.  Tons of room for growth.  Not currently great at anything, end goal is the ceiling is the roof.  

Race Thompson 6'8" 220.  A true traditional 4.  In a 4 out offense, he's currently a small 5.  Gotta improve the shot and bring the A game every night.  Trust him to guard any 4 or 5 in the conference.  

Kopp 6'7" 215.  Can shoot.  Not sure his defensive capabilities.  Someone provide assessment here.  Offensively a perfect stretch 4.  Not sure about his abilities to put it on the floor but against most teams 4 in a well spaced offense, iirc he can go by guys.  

Trayce.  Will likely never play the "4" wing in college.  I'm a little surprised IU didn't add more bigs so he could play a little more away from the basket at times but what do I know.  I pray Trayce and even Duncomb stay healthy or we are screwed at true post depth.  We do not want to go extended parts of the season with Race at the 5.  That would be like a slightly better defensive situation than running Juwan Morgan at the 5.  

3 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Well, to be fair, who can lift their shoulder over their head?

I remember Brian as he was a local hero when I was younger and then Neil Reed with his shoulder issues...it was like a never ending soap opera with watching guys shoulders pop out of joint for a while there!

Probably lifting injuries I'm sure!

12 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Big question now: Can we actually beat NW twice (and no overtimes)?

I know this is just stupid clickbait at this point, but Lunardi put out his 2022 bracketology and has NW as an 11 seed. IU a 7. Don't know how you project NW as a NCAAT team.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2022-march-madness-men-field

• Like 2