Miller Kopp to IU

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Hope your surgery went well and it wasn’t too serious.  

I always liked the saying that a minor surgery is the kind that other people have.  

Kind of a freak situation helping a neighbor about a month ago with a pergola that turned into a pretty gnarly hernia. Nothing awful just had to get it taken care of. Appreciate it!

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

You are in this old view of basketball.  Unless you get some Dirk type to play the four it is going to be a 6’5” to 6’8” type.  Gonzaga 6’7” at the four, Baylor 6’5” at the four, Illinois 6’6” at the four, Purdue 6’6” at the four, OSU 6’7” at the four...

Tweeners at the four are fine.  It’s a position that needs a shooter more than size.  

Can we make a list of B1G teams starting front court...I think people really need to see what we are up against...at least potentially. Very very few teams play BIG at both positions.

1 Michigan- Dickinson 7'1 Livers 6'7

2 Illinois-??? who knows but they didn't start two bigs last year

3 Iowa-?? and 6'8 Keegan Murray likely (not a low post threat)

4 Purdue- Williams  6'10 and Gillis 6'6

5 OSU-Liddell 6'7 and Justice Sueing 6'7

6 Wisc-??? Wahl 6'9 (Potters and Reuvers are both gone)

7 Rutgers- Omoruyi 6'11 and Harper 6'6 (Johnson is gone)

8 Maryland- ??? not sure they played a guy over 6'7 last year sure they will bring in someone

9 Michigan St-??? Hauser 6'9 (played much smaller last year)

10 Penn St- Herrar 6'9 and ??? (who knows but played smaller)

11 NW- Beran 6'9 Nance 6'10 (but no low post threat)

12 Minn-??? who knows...should we worry

13 Neb-??? see Minn

So really...how worried should we be to play small ball along side Trayce??

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I know this is just stupid clickbait at this point, but Lunardi put out his 2022 bracketology and has NW as an 11 seed. IU a 7. Don't know how you project NW as a NCAAT team.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2022-march-madness-men-field

All brackets at this point are click bait when there is like 1500 kids floating around in the portal. Nobody knows their starting 5 at this point....much less how the season should look.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Can we make a list of B1G teams starting front court...I think people really need to see what we are up against...at least potentially. Very very few teams play BIG at both positions.

8 Maryland- ??? not sure they played a guy over 6'7 last year sure they will bring in someone

13 Neb-??? see Minn

I don't know about all the teams but I did see that Michigan has 2 bigs coming in. 6'8" and 6'10". Both 5*.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I don't know about all the teams but I did see that Michigan has 2 bigs coming in. 6'8" and 6'10". Both 5*.

They didn't play two bigs last year at the same time. Doubt they do this year. They had Livers and Wagner on the wings...6'7 and 6'8....but the point is they only played 1 big in the post. We don't have to match up likely to another big 4 and if we did.....well we have Race guys....we have Duncomb to buy minutes. They won't likely start but they are on the team. I just don't see anyone hurting us at the 4 because we need another big is all. Hunter/Kopp could easily fill that need and if we do get a 1 off....we have Race. That said...no doubt Michigan is still the class of the league. Maybe Purdue will go big again with Furst or Kaufman but I don't fear them. Teams will have bigs...but they weren't playing two bigs last year together  and I don't see anyone in the B1G doing it this year. Heck even traditional post teams like Wisconsin couldn't play two bigs at the same time.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Also, I saw that Livers isn’t coming back.  

Yeah..I'm not even sure who is all gone and back but from what I could tell nobody is going to put a front court together with two low post guys that will hurt us next year. I just don't see it. If they do I'll gladly trade the defense for offense against them.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah..I'm not even sure who is all gone and back but from what I could tell nobody is going to put a front court together with two low post guys that will hurt us next year. I just don't see it. If they do I'll gladly trade the defense for offense against them.

Here’s an article from the Free Press about the senior decisions at UM.  Austin Davis, Livers, Smith and Brown are gone.  Brooks is coming back.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/04/15/michigan-basketball-isaiah-livers-goodbye/7238307002/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

13 Neb-??? see Minn

I would say most of the teams played small ball four. Purdue is at their best when they do. Ohio State played two 6’7”. Illinois was a 6’6” kid and Underwoods MO.  It just opens things up for people like Xavier and Lander to probe and allows for TJD to work when you have shooters around.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

13 Neb-??? see Minn

Livers isn coming back for UM and haven't heard from 6'9 Wagner

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

13 Neb-??? see Minn

Also I thought Harrat was transferring from PSU.  Also OSU has Kyle Young at 6'8

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

13 Neb-??? see Minn

Harrar (PSU) is in the transfer portal...

I'd add Zed Key and/or Brunk to OSU

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah, how I feel about this is that 3's are worth more than 2's.  Having two 7-footers isn't going to be an advantage if the guys they have to guard are running circles around them and torching them from three.

Like Woodson said in his hiring press conference, the three point line has changed the game.  In that sense, I think you build the roster to compete in the tournament, not dominate the Big Ten, and that means having one great post player and a few who can back him up, and several elite guards.

• Like 2