Miller Kopp to IU

18 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Has he not elaborated on the Coach Knight comment?

I would guess Knight blew him off when he basically begged him to be there for his induction into the IU Hall of Fame. But that’s a guess. Mine and other IU fans biggest criticism of CBK over the years is how he repeatedly claims to care about his players more  than himself. But his pride and ego always seemed to win out. I’m glad he finally came back, but there was really no reason not come back years earlier, instead he crapped on fans by doing OSU and PU events. Fans and players begged him to come back for years. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Are we really that surprised someone wouldn't have warm and fuzzy feelings about Knight? 

If you watch the video, it's not about AJ not having a "warm fuzzy" about Coach Knight...AJ explains a pretty complex relationship, and AJ's thoughts on why it's gone that way...

He even says he gets ribbed about getting more hugs than anyone from RMK, and that he admires him, and is grateful for what RMK did for him as a basketball player...

I'm not at all surprised RMK doesn't have a good relationship with every kid that played for him...I'm just surprised he doesn't have a better relationship with AJ Guyton...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I would guess Knight blew him off when he basically begged him to be there for his induction into the IU Hall of Fame. But that’s a guess. Mine and other IU fans biggest criticism of CBK over the years is how he repeatedly claims to care about his players more  than himself. But his pride and ego always seemed to win out. I’m glad he finally came back, but the there was really no reason not come back years earlier, instead crapping on fans by doing OSU and PU events. Fans and players begged him to come back for years. 

If nothing else, RMK held to his principles, right or wrong. I always saw him as a black and white kind of guy. Nuance and shades of gray didn't seem to be within his personality.

That being said, people change. And as mortality starts to become a concern, I can see Knight reflecting back and softening on some of his stances. He'll never be a warm and fuzzy type of guy, but I imagine that while he still has his faculties, he is being encouraged by others, and finally listening to them, to reevaluate and correct some of the actions he's taken throughout his life.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I wish I had the time to watch every video posted and read every post.  Unfortunately I don’t with four kids under 10 and sporting events every night. I appreciate the response a few posts down. 

I feel ya...didn't have but 2 under 10 at any one time, but it's like Ray Barone says, "it's like living in a frat house - nobody sleeps, everything's broken, and there's a lot of throwing up."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I feel ya...didn't have but 2 under 10 at any one time, but it's like Ray Barone says, "it's like living in a frat house - nobody sleeps, everything's broken, and there's a lot of throwing up."

Wait, do you have a secret camera watching me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...