How are things going in Athens?

3 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

In sharp contrast to a productive and positive first month on the job by Mike Woodson, there is this update on the former IU Head Coach.  All sounds painfully familiar.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ugawire.usatoday.com/2021/04/20/tom-creans-blows-it-again-former-players-and-media-sound-off/amp/

He's gone after next season.  Been saying it since he was hired.  The Georgia fans wanted him fired over a year ago but he apparently has a huge buyout. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

In sharp contrast to a productive and positive first month on the job by Mike Woodson, there is this update on the former IU Head Coach.  All sounds painfully familiar.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ugawire.usatoday.com/2021/04/20/tom-creans-blows-it-again-former-players-and-media-sound-off/amp/

Well, if there's one thing he has experience in, it's building a program up from little to no scholarship players.  Unfortunately, he will be doing that in year 4 of his current job, lol.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't know who Crean's agent is but that guy is a total boss.

We should thank him....him getting that huge contract at Georgia sure saved IU some cash. Let's hope Archie uses him too. If he can pull down 2-3 million a year at his next job I'm sure our donors would appreciate it! 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Crean has like 7 guys coming in already and still chasing transfers. He's going to end up finding a way to improve the team enough to make the tournament and his agents going to get him a nice extension lol 

It is quite rare to see a recruit or transfer that doesn't have GA listed as "interested".  Some things never change, I guess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

Ouch. It sounds like it may be back to ESPN commentary in the near future for CTC.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I find zero joy in seeing Tom Crean struggle. 

17 minutes ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

I know there is lots of hate for him in the IU community, but I will always root for him. I always liked the guy. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired here but I will always appreciate the dark days he weathered for this program.

Exactly. Why some still need to pile on after all these years is baffling. Especially when he reached levels of success here in his best years that his successor never came close to achieving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Crean has like 7 guys coming in already and still chasing transfers. He's going to end up finding a way to improve the team enough to make the tournament and his agents going to get him a nice extension lol 

7 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Tom Crean is going to have a hard time with the one time free transfer.  Players aren’t going to put up with the same crap he has always done.  

No worries, they'll just get "Creaned"!!!