How are things going in Athens?

Not looking good for CTC now, but you have to give him props for having the courage to take on the high level coaching positions. He has made a lot of money and one a few big games. IU has moved on and I wish him well except when he plays against IU. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chad B said:

Not looking good for CTC now, but you have to give him props for having the courage to take on the high level coaching positions. He has made a lot of money and one a few big games. IU has moved on and I wish him well except when he plays against IU. 

I agree totally. He pulled us out of the dumpster and started to build something special before he stumbled. Nice guy, great with the fan base and his heart was in the right place. He wasn't the long term solution. 

• Like 5

As goofy as Crean was, you have to love the guy for pulling us out of the dumpster and bringing in players like Cody, Christian, Vic, Jordy, Yogi and more. Those were fun teams to watch!

Having said that....it was definitely time for him to go when he got his walking papers. 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JABBATHEHOOSIER said:

I know there is lots of hate for him in the IU community, but I will always root for him. I always liked the guy. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been fired here but I will always appreciate the dark days he weathered for this program.

Won't ever understand the hate for him. If that's what people call it. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think this topic is basically a subtle jab at the fans who wanted Crean to get more time here and blamed his failures on the fans for expecting too much. 

You mean we have passive aggressive posters who for some reason enjoy that type of posting? You jest. Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Won't ever understand the hate for him. If that's what people call it. 

totally embraced tradition and what IU was.  did things clean and the right way.  brought us from absolute bottom to respectable.  wanted to be here.  just wasn't the right guy to take us further.  wish him the best, but glad he's gone.  i'd love to se him go somewhere smaller and do well.  i think he could do that in the right conference.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

totally embraced tradition and what IU was.  did things clean and the right way.  brought us from absolute bottom to respectable.  wanted to be here.  just wasn't the right guy to take us further.  wish him the best, but glad he's gone.  i'd love to se him go somewhere smaller and do well.  i think he could do that in the right conference.  

Just my personal opinion but I think Tom is destined to be a vagabond coach.  I see him bouncing around quite a bit.

13 hours ago, rico said:

I hope he gets it turned around at UGA.  And it looks to me like the Dawgs are a little jealous of other football schools having success on the hardwood.

I go to lunch most work days with a Huge Dawg fan. He doesn’t even know simple terms like dribble and traveling!  (No joke) I can tell you his jealousy of other football schools has nothing to do with basketball but everything to do with football!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

I go to lunch most work days with a Huge Dawg fan. He doesn’t even know simple terms like dribble and traveling!  (No joke) I can tell you his jealousy of other football schools has nothing to do with basketball but everything to do with football!

Well then Tom's job is safe...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Kentucky has benefitted so friggin much from the SEC truly not caring about basketball lol if they can't tailgate at it, they aren't interested. 

• Like 3

I actually read that article and came away thinking he may be the only one recruiting and playing by the rules down there.   He mentioned something to that effect about recruiting the state of Indiana after he got fired and how he never touched anything like that ... I wouldn’t doubt it down there. 

9 hours ago, Bustout said:

I actually read that article and came away thinking he may be the only one recruiting and playing by the rules down there.   He mentioned something to that effect about recruiting the state of Indiana after he got fired and how he never touched anything like that ... I wouldn’t doubt it down there. 

It is all about winning and playing in the grey area.

19 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I really think Crean should be an assistant focusing on offense or a skills trainer. He’s a poor manager, so he can’t sustain a program

Maybe IU hire him under the table... to take a head coaching position at a mid-major, recruit the lesser known players, develop them for two years, and funnel them to IU? obviously just a joke.

• Haha 2

On 4/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, btownqb said:

Kentucky has benefitted so friggin much from the SEC truly not caring about basketball lol if they can't tailgate at it, they aren't interested. 

So true...outside of Kentucky. Baseball and football and being outdoors people love that in the south. Basketball in rainy cold winter...not so much!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Maybe IU hire him under the table... to take a head coaching position at a mid-major, recruit the lesser known players, develop them for two years, and funnel them to IU? obviously just a joke.

Time to turn the satellite schools' teams into development teams for IUB. Let's get IU guys coaching at IPFW and IUPUI. lol

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Time to turn the satellite schools' teams into development teams for IUB. Let's get IU guys coaching at IPFW and IUPUI. lol

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as IPFW anymore. It is now PFW, as IU significantly backed out of their presence in Ft Wayne.

Afraid any funneling of talent would head towards W Lafayette 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1