How are things going in Athens?

2 hours ago, IUaic said:

Patterson did not get his grades in order. He had the same path as Deron Davis, had the summer between HS and College to finish up course work. Deron did, Patterson did not. Why do you continue to blame Crean for that? If Crean could have or would have arranged a tutor for him, you would have b!tched about him cheating to get Patterson eligible.

No. I don't consider Etherington, Hollowell, Perea, or Davis recruiting misses. Just because they didn't play as well as you thought they should have, does not make them misses. No coach bats 1.000 in recruiting, but Crean had waaaaay more recruiting successes, than misses, just like most coaches. 

But you continue to focus on the negatives.

Nope, I don’t focus on negatives. I focus on being real / honest. Who was responsible for recruiting kids that could succeed at IU? Was it not Crean? And it’s not his fault he recruited the wrong kids that either couldn’t make the grades or didn’t produce on the court MORE TIMES THAN NOT? Good grief. Yeah, you’re right nobody bats 1.000, but the good coaches in recruiting don’t bat .500 either (no he didn’t have way more successes, and the proof is in the pudding …. sorry). I don’t think you’re understanding a head coach’s responsibility in recruiting. It’s to find kids that represent IU well WHILE helping the program win. No idea what you’re talking about with the tutoring or the negativity (that’s never been me). Tutoring is normally a service that most athletic departments provide for their student-athletes. I’m done with this conversation. You believe what you want 🤣, he’s no longer here, and not worth talking about. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

• 4 weeks later...