NFL/IU Draft Discussion 2021

Thought it would be decent to have a discussion specifically geared towards the NFL draft and also the eligible IU players. 

Jamar Johnson ran a 4.58 and a 4.60 40 at his pro days... listed at 6'2 205lbs, I think he can play either safety position, I really do. Jamar's 40 time would have put him in the top 12 in the that category for safeties, short shuttle would have him 10th, and his bench press numbers have him at 7th. Sorry... those rankings would be from the numbers at LAST year's combine. I absolutely love Jamar and believe he is the type of player we don't get often. He is an absolute ball hawk, and also a kid that could make explosive plays in the box. At his size.. I think NFL teams will love him as a possible LBer on 3rd down, as well and a good SPT guy. 

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2021/04/jamar-johnson-has-well-rounded-performance-at-iu-pro-day/

I think Jerome Johnson will be drafted, as well. Not overly convinced any others will be. 

Colts- In Ballard We Trust 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I saw a mock that had Whop going in round 7.

If Whop drops to 7 I'll resign from trying to understand what a football player looks like to NFL eyes. He's a good football player with tremendous energy, upside who is hungry. I'm not saying he's starting anywhere next year but he could be 4th on most of the bottom 1/3 teams depth chart next year. This feels like a Ballard in the 5th or 6th move.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I could see them trading back to get more picks.  If they stay at 4 I would go with Kyle Pitts from Florida

No QB?  Seems as though they are in "no man's land" territory.  Got an existing HoF worthy QB long of tooth but yet seem to be rebuilding.  Ride Ryan's career out?  Or rebuild?

I am with you.  I give Matt another weapon and see if you can make another run.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, rico said:

Question for my fellow NFL aficionados...

Who are the Falcons gonna pick?

No clue what to do there honestly. Help Ryan with Sewell.....or help Ryan with another weapon? Drafts never go as we think and the players we think have to be 1,2,3 picks generally never work out.

I think Rovell tweeted out the photo this morning. Remembering the 2011 draft where Cam, Jake Locker, and Blaine Gabbert were all can't miss players? We know how that played out.

• Like 1

Pitts is the best player in the draft. I don't think you can pass on that type of talent. I see him in Atlanta unless someone offers a big haul to go up and get one of the other QBS

Of the top 5 QBs Who will be great and who flops in your opinion.

I think the kid from Stanford becomes the best or 2nd best when all is said and done

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Pitts is the best player in the draft. I don't think you can pass on that type of talent. I see him in Atlanta unless someone offers a big haul to go up and get one of the other QBS

I think the kid from Stanford becomes the best or 2nd best when all is said and done

I've been on the Mac Jones train since January so I won't be falling off. I think him/49ers have the best chance of long term success. I think Trevor Lawrence is the most pro ready QB since Luck. Wilson, Fields strike me as talented QB's who will go to organizations where QB's die and won't have much success.

Speaking of dead QB's....rumor floating around the Bears might trade up to draft Trey Lance from NDSU. 

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I wonder what everyone would think of JaMarr Chase if he hadn't of sat out.. I think he's unbelievably good. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been on the Mac Jones train since January so I won't be falling off. I think him/49ers have the best chance of long term success. I think Trevor Lawrence is the most pro ready QB since Luck. Wilson, Fields strike me as talented QB's who will go to organizations where QB's die and won't have much success.

Speaking of dead QB's....rumor floating around the Bears might trade up to draft Trey Lance from NDSU. 

How high they going to go. I will not be shocked to see Lance go the the 49ers. I feel Jones slips and either the Bears or Pat's go up to get him. I think the Broncos are the wildcard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

How high they going to go. I will not be shocked to see Lance go the the 49ers. I feel Jones slips and either the Bears or Pat's go up to get him. I think the Broncos are the wildcard.

Everyone is in full lie mode this week but I still trust Dan Patrick source with 49ers and Mac Jones. We'll see. Most teams and their fans can't wait for the draft. Us Bears fans ....welp....let's just say we determine our success by how little we screw it up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Everyone is in full lie mode this week but I still trust Dan Patrick source with 49ers and Mac Jones. We'll see. Most teams and their fans can't wait for the draft. Us Bears fans ....welp....let's just say we determine our success by how little we screw it up. 

Do you think the Bears make a move into the top 8?  Dalton as the QB with no young prospect sounds like a problem.  They could tank for a high pick in ‘22 but I don’t know who’s worth waiting for in that class.  If Lance is sitting there at, say, eighth, a trade up might make sense even if it takes a haul. Those hauls are always worth it if you get the right guy.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Do you think the Bears make a move into the top 8?  Dalton as the QB with no young prospect sounds like a problem.  They could tank for a high pick in ‘22 but I don’t know who’s worth waiting for in that class.  If Lance is sitting there at, say, eighth, a trade up might make sense even if it takes a haul. Those hauls are always worth it if you get the right guy.  

I think Pace has traded up in every draft but one and here's what we have to show for it with his first rounders. Not one player left on the team from those 4. To answer your question I think he will try to trade up and get Lance if he can....but based on his history no matter who we pick it won't work. Haha.

2018: Roquan Smith, ILB

2017: Mitchell Trubisky, QB

2016: Leonard Floyd, OLB

2015: Kevin White, WR

• Like 1

I've always wished they would start the draft with Goodell immediately at the podium to announce the first pick. So... like ESPN leaves SportsCenter to break straight to him announcing the first pick "with the first pick in the 2021 NFL draft." Always thought it would be cool, but I get why they don't. 

• Like 1

I mean this in the least arrogant way possible.. I'm glad the Colts (knock on wood) don't put me through the things that the Bears FO and coaching staff do to their fans lol I would have blown my s*** if we gave up all that for Trubisky. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mean this in the least arrogant way possible.. I'm glad the Colts (knock on wood) don't put me through the things that the Bears FO and coaching staff do to their fans lol I would have blown my s*** if we gave up all that for Trubisky. 

I don't think it's arrogance at all. Shoot after the Bears I cheer like crazy for the Colts because of Irsay and honestly Ballard. To me he needs to start winning some more....but in terms of GM's very, very few are better.

Regarding the Bears. It's just part of the deal. We've won I think 3 playoff games since 95.....and the beat offs in the front office think everything is fine.