NFL/IU Draft Discussion 2021

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I mean this in the least arrogant way possible.. I'm glad the Colts (knock on wood) don't put me through the things that the Bears FO and coaching staff do to their fans lol I would have blown my s*** if we gave up all that for Trubisky. 

That being said, and I agree, the Bears have drafted some pretty damn iconic guys.  They just haven't done it recently.  LOL

Saw a mock draft today with Whop going in the 4th or 5th round to the Colts.

My opinion only... sorry @Seeking6, Mac Jones is fool’s gold. Product of being surrounded by uber talented teammates at Alabama. Less athletic version of Daniel Jones. Smart kid. Modest arm strength. 
Of the quarterback options in this year’s draft, I put him at the bottom of the pack.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My opinion only... sorry @Seeking6, Mac Jones is fool’s gold. Product of being surrounded by uber talented teammates at Alabama. Less athletic version of Daniel Jones. Smart kid. Modest arm strength. 
Of the quarterback options in this year’s draft, I put him at the bottom of the pack.

Ian Book ahead of Mac Jones?  Wow.

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Time will tell for sure. I know your opinion is shared by many about Bama and players,etc....and usually I'm right there with you. This kid feels and looks different. 

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Really interested to see where Jamar Johnson ends up. I think most have him somewhere in the 3rd. Hopefully a good team at the end of the 2nd says we love him and he's our guy. He seems to be in that 70-95 category on most drafts I'm seeing. 

Colts could take him.. won't be that early though. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:53 AM, rico said:

No QB?  Seems as though they are in "no man's land" territory.  Got an existing HoF worthy QB long of tooth but yet seem to be rebuilding.  Ride Ryan's career out?  Or rebuild?

I am with you.  I give Matt another weapon and see if you can make another run.

Atlanta is definitely in no man's land. Need a complete rebuild! They are up against HUGE cap issue and they are a losing team. I think they want to move Julio and I think they should also think about drafting a qb...and then moving Ryan next year when the cap hit won't be as terrible. Its rebuild time. They had their run and Ryan's arm wasn't the strongest to begin with. A lot of work to be done in that organization and they aren't over taking Tampa or New Orleans without major roster overhaul. Sometimes you just have to face the music. New England did last year...and while they still need a qb they were able to bridge the gap and still finish a respectable record and can now rebuild and move on.

• Like 1

Jamar Johnson, Jerome Johnson, Jovan Swann, Harry Crider, Whop Philyor, Stevie Scott & Haydon Whitehead hope to join an NFL team this weekend.

We have the outlook for each, with insights from their agents on what each camp is expecting.

You guys tell me which thread to discuss draft. Patriots really will get Mac Jones won't they? Lance.....no offense to the smaller division guys on here and elsewhere but no way you take that leap there. As I always say. Time will tell. Kiper said I believe 55 QB's have been drafted in last decade and only like 6 of them are with same team. 

Of course Pace trades up. He can't help himself. I'm still processing. Fields has 4.45 speed and put 6 tds up on Clemson with cracked ribs. He's better than Dalton long term.....but I also don't like giving up a #1 next year and 4/5 this year and next to move up 10 spots when Mac was still floating.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys tell me which thread to discuss draft. Patriots really will get Mac Jones won't they? Lance.....no offense to the smaller division guys on here and elsewhere but no way you take that leap there. As I always say. Time will tell. Kiper said I believe 55 QB's have been drafted in last decade and only like 6 of them are with same team. 

Update from 45 minutes ago. Mac Jones. Bill Belichick gets his guy. I know others talent evaluate better than him but time will tell. Damn. BB gets his guy. 

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Of course Pace trades up. He can't help himself. I'm still processing. Fields has 4.45 speed and put 6 tds up on Clemson with cracked ribs. He's better than Dalton long term.....but I also don't like giving up a #1 next year and 4/5 this year and next to move up 10 spots when Mac was still floating.

Sorry, I just don't like what the Bears did.  Hope I am wrong.

• Like 2