NFL/IU Draft Discussion 2021

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I like Fields but my word they got fleeced.  

He likely would have been there at what 17?

That's where I'm at as well as a couple other thoughts. I like Fields. Good size, excellent speed...throws a great deep ball. My problem is he sometimes waits until the receiver is open to throw....he'll need to work on that and we'll have to OLine heavy today to get him the time he needs.

On the other hand here is where I'm puzzled. Why did Carolina and Denver (who need QB's) pass up on both Fields and Jones? And why did the Bears  give up so much when the only teams who needed QB after 11 was Patriots, Washington, and maybe the Raiders like you said. We could have jumped Washington at 17 or wherever. That's the part I'm struggling with too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's where I'm at as well as a couple other thoughts. I like Fields. Good size, excellent speed...throws a great deep ball. My problem is he sometimes waits until the receiver is open to throw....he'll need to work on that and we'll have to OLine heavy today to get him the time he needs.

On the other hand here is where I'm puzzled. Why did Carolina and Denver (who need QB's) pass up on both Fields and Jones? And why did the Bears  give up so much when the only teams who needed QB after 11 was Patriots, Washington, and maybe the Raiders like you said. We could have jumped Washington at 17 or wherever. That's the part I'm struggling with too.

Carolina is giving Darnold a chance and worst case they will draft one next year.  

Denver must be in the Rodgers sweepstakes.  

Bears are historically dumb.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Carolina is giving Darnold a chance and worst case they will draft one next year.  

Denver must be in the Rodgers sweepstakes.  

Bears are historically dumb.  

Sorry. Forgot about Carolina and Darnold already. Makes sense on Denver although that's a pretty risky strategy. This Rodgers stuff is going to be real fun to track. I'm assuming Broncos like you said....Raiders, maybe the Saints sneak in?? Seems Rodgers wants to go West.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry. Forgot about Carolina and Darnold already. Makes sense on Denver although that's a pretty risky strategy. This Rodgers stuff is going to be real fun to track. I'm assuming Broncos like you said....Raiders, maybe the Saints sneak in?? Seems Rodgers wants to go West.

The thing is, Packers don't want or need Carr and the raiders would have to unload him somehow.  

Broncos seem to have a clear path.  

49ers just drafted a qb and have Garapolo.  They would have to move him and that contract.  And give the Packers a farm or 2.  

Still lean broncos of the 3 teams he named.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The thing is, Packers don't want or need Carr and the raiders would have to unload him somehow.  

Broncos seem to have a clear path.  

49ers just drafted a qb and have Garapolo.  They would have to move him and that contract.  And give the Packers a farm or 2.  

Still lean broncos of the 3 teams he named.  

I could see a 3 team trade. Honestly only way to get GB enough assets to their liking. I don’t think Denver has enough assets. At least Oakland has Carr who could fetch a few picks. Maybe not a 1 but certainly a 2 and 3 maybe. I could see a team like Washington willing to take on Carr and give up an few assets. That is a tough defense and a good qb away from being dangerous. Just be hard to see one team afford enough picks alone to make it happen. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Johnson to the Broncos.  

Unreal he fell that far. The mocks I saw said 70-95 range. I guess the tackling thing Kiper mentioned hurt him....but talk about a great place to land. Broncos secondary is stacked. Great learning potential there while he contributes wherever he can. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Unreal he fell that far. The mocks I saw said 70-95 range. I guess the tackling thing Kiper mentioned hurt him....but talk about a great place to land. Broncos secondary is stacked. Great learning potential there while he contributes wherever he can. 

He had some of the best coverage stats in the country.  I saw that in 44 targets at Indiana, he had 7 interceptions and allowed 0 touchdowns.  You'd think the tackling issue wouldn't have made him drop that far.  I think the Broncos got a steal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Per CBS

164. Broncos, Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana

Grade: A-

Explosive, ball-tracking master with great instincts in coverage. Ask Justin Fields. Tends to lower his head as a tackler rather than square up but can lay the lumber. Quality value selection. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Guess Ballard feels they have or can get a tackle to replace Costanzo someway other than the draft 

Just watched a Kent Sterling youtube video. He is really questioning if Ballard really knows what he's doing. Still no left tackle. You have to protect Wentz.

But I do like the Kwity pick, there's no quit in this kid!!!

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just watched a Kent Sterling youtube video. He is really questioning if Ballard really knows what he's doing. Still no left tackle. You have to protect Wentz.

I like Payne too. Don’t know what credentials Sterling has to make that kind of comment 

13 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I am sorry but how can Kent Sterling question anyone especially Ballard.  Sterling is an idiot who just likes to himself talk. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1