Sad news

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just signed yesterday with his agency getting ready to live his dream. Such a tragedy. Tell them you love them gang. No guarantees of the next 24.

Indeed. Love like everyday might be your last day! Live like if it is, you are confident in where you will spend eternity! I totally understand why these kids want to get to the NBA and live out their dreams...basketball careers are short..and sometimes life can be even shorter. My condolences to him and his family. Sad/scary reality out there. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

A lot of the Boston media and Celtics players are calling on the commissioner to add a pick to the draft so the Celtics (hometown team) can draft him, and his family can hear his name called on draft night. 

I hope the commissioner does this. 

That's what they did for Landon Turner, right?

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, BGleas said:

A lot of the Boston media and Celtics players are calling on the commissioner to add a pick to the draft so the Celtics (hometown team) can draft him, and his family can hear his name called on draft night. 

I hope the commissioner does this. 

This would be all sorts of awesome if they did. Red drafted Landon last I believe as a favor to Knight. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's what they did for Landon Turner, right?

Yup, and they (the NBA, not Celtics specifically) did it more recently for that big (Austin, I think) from Baylor, maybe 6 or 7 years ago, that had an eye issue and had to retire before the draft. 

So tragic.  The article I read said Boston was in a car behind him, and that Clarke was speeding and ran a red light.  Sounds like two kids racing to me.  I did some street racing when I was a kid, but I can't imaging trying it in LA.  He should've been in Lexington finishing up 2nd semester classes.