2023 C Xavier Booker

A legit 6-foot-11 with inside-out skills, in-state 2023 big man Xavier Booker already holds high major offers and he is hearing from IU.

“He’s so long and he’s able to block shots and get different places on the court, and he’s able to elevate over other people because he’s got that length.”

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Will have to check him out this next season. Shows you how deep Cathedral was. 6'11 who can play inside or out and he's only getting 8 minutes a game? Haha. Ok. 

I think there may have been some pandemic related concerns that contributed to that as well.  And no I am not speculating on whether he had COVID because I have no clue, just may have otherwise played a role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
A legit 6-foot-11 with inside-out skills, in-state 2023 big man Xavier Booker already holds high major offers and he is hearing from IU.

“He’s so long and he’s able to block shots and get different places on the court, and he’s able to elevate over other people because he’s got that length.”

TY and nice read.

BTW I see you are using analytics as well.  Did you run that past Scott?

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Really like that his HS coach is allowing him to switch off on guards and helping him expand his game. The more you do the better you become...so right! It is so easy to be short sighted and force a 6'11 guy down on the block but you would be doing a disservice to the kid and helping him achieve his goals and dreams by limiting him. Yes the point is to win basketball games but more importantly it is about preparing these special athletes for their future. He is at a great school for learning.

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

From the clips I saw Booker looks like a project.  High risk and reward guy.  He’s got the length so there’s something to mold. But that is an open question, far more than most.  This is a big high school year for him.   If he blooms, he could erupt.  

Do you agree?

That's pretty much how I interpreted his coach's comments.  He's at halftime and has to come out and make adjustments for these next two years.  So, yes...this year and his senior year are big.   😊

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, cybergates said:

That doesn't sound good, but if we got him I guess it could be fixable.

If he ends up being considered the best big in the state and he's in Indy, for the optics you have to sign him. Maybe he turns into Jerran Jackson Jr. I'm not sure you teach heart though, but CMW does have magical abilities in that area. I like Parks and Freeman. But that's just what you see on video.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ba43056 said:

If he ends up being considered the best big in the state and he's in Indy, for the optics you have to sign him. Maybe he turns into Jerran Jackson Jr. I'm not sure you teach heart though, but CMW does have magical abilities in that area. I like Parks and Freeman. But that's just what you see on video.  

Motor and effort are constant questions with Booker. 

He's a lefty and a swat machine.  He did well on his jump shot, but he starts way to low for college.  Probably not a problem in HS as he's 6'11", but he can't get away with that in college.  If his motor and effort a question, then he's a project but lots of upside here.

• 2 months later...