2023 C Xavier Booker

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Well, I doubt it was a vacation planned too far in advance considering the goal would have been that IU was playing this weekend.  

Look.  We're not going to change each other's minds.  But, from my point of view, State Championship Day is one that every college coach in the entire state, from JUCO to NAIA all the way through DIII, DII, and DI should mark on their calendar each year.  Don't go and it is an opportunity missed.  

I'm not going to automatically assume anything. I have been burnt by that too many times. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Is it even believable that CMW believes he is above going to a state championship game? 🙄

I'm not saying that.  Not at all.  I'm not beginning to assign a reason why he didn't attend.  I'm simply dissecting the potential consequences.

Let's pretend there were two random high school coaches at the game.  Coach #1 has no players in his system that could sniff IU and thinks it's cool to get to shake Tom Izzo's and Matt Painter's hand.  No harm no foul.  Coach #2, on the other hand, has an incoming freshman with potential.   While shaking Izzo's and Painter's hands, those coaches take time start the relationship building process.  That's an opportunity missed, in my opinion.    

Just now, 5fouls said:

I'm not saying that.  Not at all.  I'm not beginning to assign a reason why he didn't attend.  I'm simply dissecting the potential consequences.

Let's pretend there were two random high school coaches at the game.  Coach #1 has no players in his system that could sniff IU and thinks it's cool to get to shake Tom Izzo's and Matt Painter's hand.  No harm no foul.  Coach #2, on the other hand, has an incoming freshman with potential.   While shaking Izzo's and Painter's hands, those coaches take time start the relationship building process.  That's an opportunity missed, in my opinion.    

Did Knight attend every finals? 

Every second you aren't recruiting each recruit would technically be missed opportunities. 

I assume Painter and Izzo are smart enough to stay away from teams and kids on the day of their state championship, I don't think they even spoke with XB in person yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Oh my God get over it Fouls. 

Coach just went through end of the year meetings and got rid of all our weak links. You should be happy. Let the man live. Jesus Christ. 

One day out of the year RTZ.  One day out of the year. 

I'm sure it wasn't the easiest week Coach has ever had.  But, Painter didn't exactly have a glorious week either.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Every second you aren't recruiting each recruit would technically be missed opportunities. 

I assume Painter and Izzo are smart enough to stay away from teams and kids on the day of their state championship, I don't think they even spoke with XB in person yesterday. 

I'll lay money that, for both those coaches, the trip to Indy just wasn't about XB.  It was also about other relationships/kids they may want to look at down the road.

Good grief, the fan base ripped TKR up one way and down another for choosing Purdue.  That was 100% a relationship based decision on his part.  

How many times has the fan based cried about Izzo clawing a player out of the state? 

How many times is someone going to bring up the fact that Crean blew it with in-state coaches.

It's hypocritical to change the narrative to fit the story at hand.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We might just be out of the running for XB because of Dane Fife. 🤷‍♂️

I don't have that info to know that. I am confident he absolutely pissed them off though. They= XBs camp. 

Very well could not be in the running for XB.  My point is showing up at the State Championship is not about 1 player.  It's about unknown future players as well.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

I'll lay money that, for both those coaches, the trip to Indy just wasn't about XB.  It was also about other relationships/kids they may want to look at down the road.

Good grief, the fan base ripped TKR up one way and down another for choosing Purdue.  That was 100% a relationship based decision on his part.  

How many times has the fan based cried about Izzo clawing a player out of the state? 

How many times is someone going to bring up the fact that Crean blew it with in-state coaches.

You're assuming him attending a game does anything or much at all. I don't think that it does at all. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We might just be out of the running for XB because of Dane Fife. 🤷‍♂️

I don't have that info to know that. I am confident he absolutely pissed them off though. They= XBs camp. 

Then it might help that Fife is no longer at IU.

Personally, I'm okay if we miss on this kid. I've read lots of things questioning his motor and commitment to improving, unless I'm confusing him with someone else.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Very well could not be in the running for XB.  My point is showing up at the State Championship is not about 1 player.  It's about unknown future players as well.  

Auto assuming things is just not something I am going to do. Dude can take vacas whenever he wants. 

I dont see the state championships in our state as something that HAS to be attended. The Adidas gauntlet is. 

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I can go along with a missed opportunity. But, there are plenty of solid reasons that could be the reason for that. It was coaches birthday this week. 

What if his wife said on our birthdays or holidays out of season... we always spend a weekend together? I'm just saying its workable that he could not have atrended yesterday, but also shouldn't be categorized as incompetent. I don't think you have necessarily done that, some have though. No question. 

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not.. coaches are actually humans as well, and holy cow... maybe he needed to mentally relax for a night and watched the games on TV. 

All of that is way more believable then... he doesn't care. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There is already an anti-Xavier movement here led by someone who purportedly has significant ties to the program and at least alludes to the fact that he has helped us somehow to win games.

Maybe this is a calculated move by the coaches to not provide ammunition 

😁😁

Fife fingers all over this recruitment.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Couldn’t Woody make that up by talking to those coaches one on one. Maybe he sends something out that says if you’re an Indiana coach and want to talk one on one here’s a number to reach me to set something up. A coach is going to get max 5 minutes in a setting at championship games because of the environment. Building it in a more personal setting is the better play anyways IMO.

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Izzo apparently has a much higher opinion of XB than the Indiana fanbase does...

Hes basically marcus bingham with a better shot. Idk why people dont like him lol. If theres no motor at college then he wont play, hed still be a really good get. Theres a reason he has multiple p5 offers. Woody not being there is fine and people are over reacting lol. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hes basically marcus bingham with a better shot. Idk why people dont like him lol. If theres no motor at college then he wont play, hed still be a really good get. Theres a reason he has multiple p5 offers. Woody not being there is fine and people are over reacting lol. 

I keep flashing back to Aaron Henry...😬

• Like 3

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

What happened that XB pissed off IU?  Missed the visits?  Did he piss off Fife or the whole staff?