2023 C Xavier Booker

I have always felt that Booker to IU would be a given but now MSU has me worried. They have prioritized him and I think that is winning over some close to him. I don't see him popping on the spot at MSU but i wold not be shocked if he did. He was Indiana's to lose and they just might. Some talk of a silent verbal blah blah blah to MSU not buying it but those close like I said are very pro MSU

A update on this page from our hard-working member @The Daily Hoosier

Scroll down the page to "IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS" and you'll see Booker's name for an article link. 

I could have posted the final link directly, but I found it only because of The Daily Hoosier, so I wanted to give him the credit (and the clicks, since advertising views help him).

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-daily-hoosier-report-the-latest-in-iu-news-and-recruiting-notes-4-18/

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does anyone know the beef with Cathedral's coach or within the program that causes them to be sour on IU?  Iirc that has been hinted strongly here before.

I'm not sure if there's a beef with Jason Delaney or not....but let's just say after the Trey Lyles stuff he went on the warpath to defend the shadiness of his recruitment. In doing so he caught the wrath of our fanbase. Not sure if that stills linger or not.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not sure if there's a beef with Jason Delaney or not....but let's just say after the Trey Lyles stuff he went on the warpath to defend the shadiness of his recruitment. In doing so he caught the wrath of our fanbase. Not sure if that stills linger or not.

That would have been about as dumb and miscalculated of a war as we have known in recent, uh, seconds until Putur said hold my beer.

It was pretty well common knowledge Trey's dad was angling to make all of Indy schools one giant nike sponsored metro and poof Trey goes to paypal Cal.  It wasn't even conspiracy and wasn't even denied.  What's his name Tom Lyles?  Don't care for DD but he was threatened with a lawsuit and Dan said bring it on and he never heard from him again.  Take the payment and shut up.  All, right in the NCAA's backyard.  Pathetic joke of an organization.  

• Like 1

Just now, WRSMick55 said:

Check out this article from IndyStar:

Xavier Booker is a 6-11 3-point shooting, shot-blocking marvel. And only getting better.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/04/22/basketball-recruiting-xavier-booker-2003-cathedral-michigan-state-indiana-purdue-butler/7318681001/

For subscribers so may not t be able to open.

For any school, we’re really just trying to figure out where he fits in,” Fred Booker said. “With a lot of colleges, the attention is on you, but then five minutes after you walk out the door, it’s on someone else. It’s a constant evolution. We’re wanting to make sure he gets to a place he will fit in with the coaching staff and, more importantly, where he can get a good education. Basketball is what brings you together, but God forbid something bad happens, you need a foundation to do something else. For us, it’s a process and we’ve learned quite a bit. I’m glad we’ve been able to take our time and ask a lot of 

• Like 1

When Xavier Booker was 3 years old, his height was already a problem for his mother. At their home in Raymore, Mo., Xavier — with a basketball in one hand — would reach up and open the front door. His destination was the driveway, where he would put up shots on the outdoor goal.

Xavier picked up a basketball when he was 3. He picked up the piano when was 14.

It’s kind of new to me,” he said of the piano. “I don’t practice it every single day, but I try to. The main thing I get nervous about is messing up.”

There is some correlation from basketball to playing the piano. Developing skill through repetition, certainly. And learning to read music might compare to memorizing a scouting report or watching film. There is little doubt Booker is more comfortable playing in front of a few thousands on the basketball court than several dozen for a piano recital. But there is satisfaction in both for Booker, who can equate learning a new song on the piano to the feeling of a regional game like he had against Ben Davis.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Isn’t this the kid with the questionable motor? Has that changed?

Wondering this myself.  I had a nephew who was just listless and bored for a while in high school.  4.0 grades, but wanted to sleep all the time.  Just a phase he had to grow out of, which he did.  Eventually played sports, had a double major in college, got his Electrical Engineer Masters, is now crushing it in the real world with a full time private sector job plus teaching at his university. 

You would not have guessed those high-achiever results during his mid-teen summers.

I don't know Xavier Booker.  I've not even watched video.  Just saying kids can change a lot.  Maybe especially one that's grown to 6' 10".

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3

Just now, Madison22 said:

Wondering this myself.  I had a nephew who was just listless and bored for a while in high school.  4.0 grades, but wanted to sleep all the time.  Just a phase he had to grow out of, which he did.  Eventually played sports, had a double major in college, got his Electrical Engineer Masters, is now crushing it in the real world with a full time private sector job plus teaching at his university. 

You would not have guessed those high-achiever results during his mid-teen summers.

PS:  I have no clue about Xavier Booker.  Just saying kids can grow up.

I don't think it was framed as lazy as maybe more willing to take a back seat and be non aggressive. 

Non assertive I feel was one of the words to describe him. 

I have zero clue. I have never watched him. And yes. Absolutely kids grow up. Thank god lol 

• Like 3