2023 C Xavier Booker

10 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

lol. It says basically anyone except Purdue.

#4 Mystery Program

#5 Purdue

Yeah that is not close to accurate lol. Putting Purdue 5th and calling them a long shot is laughable. Pretty confident MSU and Purdue are at the top right now. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, that's absolutely been alleged.  Maybe he's found another gear, but at least earlier, this was definitely a knock on him.

Glad he is getting his head on straight. Lot of potential. No reason we can’t keep this kid at home with Woodys connections to Indy and NIL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Glad he is getting his head on straight. Lot of potential. No reason we can’t keep this kid at home with Woodys connections to Indy and NIL.

Wonder who we would want more Evans or Booker. They seem to be very similar in skill set and it appears Evans probably is leaning to Oregon and Nike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From The Daily Hoosier today:

"5-Star Xavier Booker put on Show for the East Coast. He quickly is becoming one of the top prospects in the Nation. Avg 23.7 pts per game 2022’ Summer Jam at Boo Williams!"

Also named Outstanding Player for Jam Fest, hitting at least five 3-pointers in three of his four games (at least 15 3-pointers is how I read that). 

I encourage people to visit The Daily Hoosier.  He's a member here and gives us a lot of great content.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-daily-hoosier-report-the-latest-in-iu-news-and-recruiting-notes-5-16/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not gonna lie I think that’s WAY too high of a jump lol. He’s been good but top 5 seems like a stretch. 

Same...but rankings are what they are. Only difference now is we'll see how much the rankings influence potential NIL deals too. 

8 minutes ago, Blazin Hazin said:

The other day, I was thinking that the things people are saying about Booker(low motor- doesn't love basketball) kind of reminds me of Mitch McGary.  

I think the “potential” difference is exponential. McGary was pretty close to his ceiling from a development whole Booker is just starting to scratch the surface. But no doubt re low motor. 

• Like 1

I guess I'm more thinking that McGary was initially a guy that people felt potential wasn't worth the baggage....then exploded in a spring/summer and people felt otherwise.  I think initially he was a 100-150 ranked recruit and I think he once shot up to the top 15 before dropping to the 20-30 range.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blazin Hazin said:

I guess I'm more thinking that McGary was initially a guy that people felt potential wasn't worth the baggage....then exploded in a spring/summer and people felt otherwise.  I think initially he was a 100-150 ranked recruit and I think he once shot up to the top 15 before dropping to the 20-30 range.  

Completely valid!

On 5/4/2022 at 2:25 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah that is not close to accurate lol. Putting Purdue 5th and calling them a long shot is laughable. Pretty confident MSU and Purdue are at the top right now. 

You still confident about that?  I don't see Turdue mentioned as a top contender on any non-Turdue sites, but then again, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You still confident about that?  I don't see Turdue mentioned as a top contender on any non-Turdue sites, but then again, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Not confident at all if Purdue won’t pay….

These schools are offering recruits 💰

NCAA can posture and threaten but nobody cares….

it’s like good fellas….don’t be flashy with the 💵 and nobody has to know