2023 C Xavier Booker

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

And I'll take my chances with the higher ranked kids over time vs the diamond in the rough crowd. 

And I’ll take the hard workers who you don’t want and hopefully can’t be bought 

You have 5 star PG….we have 5’10” kid you didn’t even offer…. and JHS started over our big PG recruit for 2023….makes me nervous 😬 

35 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it still does yeah. Maybe that will change over time but they’re still recruiting at an extremely high level. 

NIL will work for the name schools like Duke.  But Scheyer is going to have to show some measure of success as well.  That K aura will only last a few seasons.  And following him will be no small task.  JMHO.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

NIL will work for the name schools like Duke.  But Scheyer is going to have to show some measure of success as well.  That K aura will only last a few seasons.  And following him will be no small task.  JMHO.  😊

Not sure why you would think that. We had to replace a legendary coach and it has gone seamlessly.

Oh....wait

😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Not confident at all if Purdue won’t pay….

These schools are offering recruits 💰

NCAA can posture and threaten but nobody cares….

it’s like good fellas….don’t be flashy with the 💵 and nobody has to know 

Didn’t help that Mitch wrote that article against NIL. Dohhhh!

52 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Didn’t help that Mitch wrote that article against NIL. Dohhhh!

No kidding 

i actually think portal and extra year are bigger problem 

NIL is deserved for players but there is no way to regulate it or stop abuse by boosters 

I need an update.  Early on, the staff was not excited about Booker due to motor and inconsistency.  Now, he blows up in spring AAU, vaults to #4 ranking.   Does anyone know how this has affected IU’s interest?  Saw where Walsh was going to watch him in person this weekend.  

What does Booker think about IU?

4 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

I need an update.  Early on, the staff was not excited about Booker due to motor and inconsistency.  Now, he blows up in spring AAU, vaults to #4 ranking.   Does anyone know how this has affected IU’s interest?  Saw where Walsh was going to watch him in person this weekend.  

What does Booker think about IU?

I'm not chasing this one. I don't trust Delaney and when I saw Booker and Trey Lyles together....let's just say it doesn't bring back pleasant memories.

If he chooses us great. If not....recruiting under Coach Woodson and our staff is the least of my concerns.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not chasing this one. I don't trust Delaney and when I saw Booker and Trey Lyles together....let's just say it doesn't bring back pleasant memories.

If he chooses us great. If not....recruiting under Coach Woodson and our staff is the least of my concerns.

Thank you.  Hear you on Delaney.  Was coaching in Indy when he was at Waldron.  He is slippery. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Thank you.  Hear you on Delaney.  Was coaching in Indy when he was at Waldron.  He is slippery. 

Maybe it's all just me since the Lyles stuff went down.....but I've heard some stuff and I think slippery is a good word to use. To me he's been opining for an assistant gig somewhere. 

Like I said though on Booker. Would love him to be at IU but if he goes elsewhere we'll be just fine. 

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Unfortunately this will be CMW first “win or loss” due to him being in state. But the college bball world wants him. And don’t bring up the cathedral hate nonsense. Collin Hartman and armaan Franklin came here. Too buzzed to fix capitalization 

Edited by Coach Robby

20 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Unfortunately this will be CMW first “win or loss” due to him being in state. But the college bball world wants him. And don’t bring up the cathedral hate nonsense. Collin Hartman and armaan Franklin came here. Too buzzed to fix capitalization 

Good point on Franklin, but Hartman graduated hs before Delaney took the Cathedral job. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Just kind of seems Fife dug IU too much into a hole on this recruitment. Would like to have him but I’m not counting on it. 

All the coaches wanted him to progress.  It just wasn’t Fife. Rumor is Purdue turned down his commitment.  Woodson wanted him to progress as well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

Just kind of seems Fife dug IU too much into a hole on this recruitment. Would like to have him but I’m not counting on it. 

Me neither, but for Walsh to head to the tourney to watch him must mean a little. If they knew he was gone they wouldn’t send anyone to watch…

On 5/28/2022 at 11:51 PM, Coach Robby said:

Hartman wasn't around and as far as Armaan goes....Delaney wasn't involved in that recruitment one bit which may or maybe the reason he chose IU and may or maybe the reason he bolted. Others can decide that.

I'm not anti Cathedral....know dozens who attend or send their kids there now. I'm just not down with Delaney. 

My sense is we are trying to see whether there’s any mutual interest, but by all accounts, we are going hard after Arrinten Page.  I also expect us to get a scoring forward one way or another.  If you came out of this anywhere near a class of TJ Power, Page, Coen Carr, Newton, and Cupps, that would be sick.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:34 PM, IU_Realist said:

All the coaches wanted him to progress.  It just wasn’t Fife. Rumor is Purdue turned down his commitment.  Woodson wanted him to progress as well. 

Why would PU turn down a commit from a top 100 in state kid?

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Why would PU turn down a commit from a top 100 in state kid?

Not sure:

I know before Berg commuted they were 100% adding a big man

MP so far refuses to pay recruits through NIL while guys who have actually been at Purdue get nothing 

I have no idea if Booker is asking for best NIL offers but I don’t blame him 

at least with TJD & Race they have earned the 💰

• Haha 1