2023 C Xavier Booker

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

He is visiting soon and may look to reclassify and with the the other 2 Montverde guys committed IU is a very serious player here. 

For 23 and beyond we are going to be turning away some very very good prospects.  If you want the scholly better pull the trigger quickly

With NIL and a no nonsense/straight up coaching staff IU is sitting nicely. When was the last time IU had 3 legitimate top 5 kids looking. Booker and his parents will be on campus with the full coaching staff. Setting up nicely. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

With NIL and a no nonsense/straight up coaching staff IU is sitting nicely. When was the last time IU had 3 legitimate top 5 kids looking. Booker and his parents will be on campus with the full coaching staff. Setting up nicely. 

Compared to this...

m02lOhk.jpg.4a33c8cc7fe614af804800d501c32458.jpg

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Btownstrength said:

Assuming we get either Booker or Queen and couldn't take both due to position right? Public consensus...who should we go after harder?

There will be people close to Booker that will steer him away from IU. would love a big time 5 star in state though. 

For Queen that pipeline to Montverde is nice and will continue to pay. I want whichever wants to be a Hoosier

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There will be enough mins for both with Race and Trace gone and Malik Reneau likely a 2 and gone.

I'm not sure what would make Reneau a 2 and gone.

He's going to fight for minutes this year. Expecting him to come out as a sophomore and be NBA ready would be expecting a lot.

Unless he's just adamant about going pro, expecting him to be THAT good is a lofty expectation

2 hours ago, Btownstrength said:

Assuming we get either Booker or Queen and couldn't take both due to position right? Public consensus...who should we go after harder?

Why would you assume IU couldn't take both? I'm not suggesting they will land either, but they aren't the same player. 

1 hour ago, PNWHoosier said:
4 hours ago, Btownstrength said:

Why would you assume IU couldn't take both? I'm not suggesting they will land either, but they aren't the same player. 

If I were Woodson, I'd get both on campus at the same time.  Tell Queen that we expect him to be the next Draymond Green.  Play like that, be that successful.

I'd tell Xavier that we expect him to lead the country in 3-point shooting for offense, and blocks for defense.

And that they can both achieve these things as teammates.

Sign them both.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PNWHoosier said:

Oh I think IU would take both, but with significant positional overlap it may be a hard sell to get them both in the same class. Although maybe with his perimeter skills, Booker may see himself as more of a combo forward. I would be ecstatic if we landed either, let alone both. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Btownstrength said:

Oh I think IU would take both, but with significant positional overlap it may be a hard sell to get them both in the same class. Although maybe with his perimeter skills, Booker may see himself as more of a combo forward. I would be ecstatic if we landed either, let alone both. 

I haven't seen Queen play as much, but it seems that with both having ball handling skills and both able to shoot from deep that a team could put them anywhere from the 3 - 5 spots and they can co-exist. There's a lot of "position-less" basketball being played. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ephul said:

I'm not sure what would make Reneau a 2 and gone.

He's going to fight for minutes this year. Expecting him to come out as a sophomore and be NBA ready would be expecting a lot.

Unless he's just adamant about going pro, expecting him to be THAT good is a lofty expectation

5 star kids usually dont stay 3 or 4 years anymore. He will get plenty of mins. this year, i think the kid is that good. he is about the same size Trace was as a freshmen but a better shooter. I watched a lot of their games and he was always the best player on the court.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

5 star kids usually dont stay 3 or 4 years anymore. He will get plenty of mins. this year, i think the kid is that good. he is about the same size Trace was as a freshmen but a better shooter. I watched a lot of their games and he was always the best player on the court.

I’m with you on Reneau, and I think he is getting undersold by our fans. He isn’t going to just take the 8-10 minutes that TJD is resting. He will take minutes from other guys too. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Indykev said:

With the NIL, I just don't see him leaving after 2 years, one being playing behind an All Conference and a 5th year Senior in Trayce and Race. I'll also add that, if he was planning on going pro ASAP, I think he would've went somewhere with less competition in front of him.

He's not uber athletic or quick. I just don't think he's a top prospect for the NBA. Those 5 star kids get drafted because they are freak athletics and have so much potential.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, or isn't already. He just doesn't have that super high ceiling. Hell, everyone thought Trayce would be gone after a year.

I could see Reneau being like that guard out of Villanova a few years ago. Got drafted late as a senior. Did nothing but win. Just solid all around. Nothing flashy, not overly athletic. Just a damn good ball player. Unfortunately, the NBA wants their 1st rounders to have crazy potential.

Look at a kid like Booker. Shoots the 3, handles pretty decent, crazy long, etc. That's the kid the NBA wants with their 1st round pick. Would Booker be a better NBA player? Who knows. But the risk is probably worth the reward with a kid like Booker.

Edited by ephul
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ephul said:

With the NIL, I just don't see him leaving after 2 years, one being playing behind an All Conference and a 5th year Senior in Trayce and Race. I'll also add that, if he was planning on going pro ASAP, I think he would've went somewhere with less competition in front of him.

He's not uber athletic or quick. I just don't think he's a top prospect for the NBA. Those 5 star kids get drafted because they are freak athletics and have so much potential.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player, or isn't already. He just doesn't have that super high ceiling. Hell, everyone thought Trayce would be gone after a year.

I could see Reneau being like that guard out of Villanova a few years ago. Got drafted late as a senior. Did nothing but win. Just solid all around. Nothing flashy, not overly athletic. Just a damn good ball player. Unfortunately, the NBA wants their 1st rounders to have crazy potential.

Look at a kid like Booker. Shoots the 3, handles pretty decent, crazy long, etc. That's the kid the NBA wants with their 1st round pick. Would Booker be a better NBA player? Who knows. But the risk is probably worth the reward with a kid like Booker.

Is Jared Jeffries a fair comparison to Booker?