2023 C Xavier Booker

On 7/25/2022 at 6:22 PM, IUFLA said:
13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree. I think that the national thought is Page or Booker but I don't think Indiana has ever thought of it that way 

I think that's why the recent CB picks for Booker as many expect Page to IU. The Booker camp keeping things pretty quiet

Rivals article says 2 horse race Michigan State and Gonzaga.

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's surprising to me. I feel like his family would like him somewhere close.

Spokane is beautiful country….

plus he needs September to April 3 maximum 

IU has Malik in the low post with JG & Banks as stretch 4’s/3’s 

He wound really fit in at IU from what I’ve seen of Malik passing from the post…

Purdue has a bunch of competition….if 5 star recruits worry about such things 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

Booker is headed to Sparty.  

I think they're the team to beat but I don't think it's as inevitable as many seem to think that he goes there. I've seen stuff about him almost committing to MSU in the spring and others basically saying it's a lock. If so, I doubt he would've just released a top 10. That doesn't seem like someone who has his mind set and is on the cusp of making a commitment.

• Like 2

2pm today. My guess is Sparty as well. Credit to Izzo he was on the kid very early. Sounds like we've been playing catch up for a variety of reasons. I'll save some comments for later today if he does choose Sparty i.e. coaches at Cathedral.

For now off to the track. IndyCar racing road course today.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

2pm today. My guess is Sparty as well. Credit to Izzo he was on the kid very early. Sounds like we've been playing catch up for a variety of reasons. I'll save some comments for later today if he does choose Sparty i.e. coaches at Cathedral.

For now off to the track. IndyCar racing road course today.

If/when this gets going here again, I think the program will need to take a long and hard look at some of the "loyalty" that gets demanded by the HS coaches in this state and how that loyalty has paid off for the program.

I’d love to get Booker, but I’m optimistic about this class in general, so if/when he chooses MSU… wish him well and move on. I can’t recall, but I believe I remember hearing/seeing a Nike guy commenting that once Fife moved on, Indiana lost whatever - if any momentum they had on Booker. 

43 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’d love to get Booker, but I’m optimistic about this class in general, so if/when he chooses MSU… wish him well and move on. I can’t recall, but I believe I remember hearing/seeing a Nike guy commenting that once Fife moved on, Indiana lost whatever - if any momentum they had on Booker. 

I thought Fife was the one that tainted the Booker recruitment 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

That guy is confused. Fife creeped out Booker and his camp. Fife messed up with both guys he was recruiting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have seen Booker in person a few times and he does show talent but doesn't always produce at a high level.  I wonder why he does better in the AAU setting than during the HS season.  He seems le a type of player who you will see Izzo having to get into on the sidelines to get him motivated.

I haven't heard of anyone at Cathedral tell me otherwise. Nobody over there will ever give me a straight answer. Delaney and IU just won't ever mesh.

Recruiting is the least of my concerns right now. Wish the kid well and move on but Delaney/Nike have gone out of their way for something over the years. Time will tell which job he's angling for...and before the Armaan Franklin folks chime in....see what happened to him. Oddest transfer ever. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't heard of anyone at Cathedral tell me otherwise. Nobody over there will ever give me a straight answer. Delaney and IU just won't ever mesh.

Recruiting is the least of my concerns right now. Wish the kid well and move on but Delaney/Nike have gone out of their way for something over the years. Time will tell which job he's angling for...and before the Armaan Franklin folks chime in....see what happened to him. Oddest transfer ever. 

Speaking a lot of truth right there and I will leave it at that

• Like 2