2023 C Xavier Booker

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't heard of anyone at Cathedral tell me otherwise. Nobody over there will ever give me a straight answer. Delaney and IU just won't ever mesh.

Recruiting is the least of my concerns right now. Wish the kid well and move on but Delaney/Nike have gone out of their way for something over the years. Time will tell which job he's angling for...and before the Armaan Franklin folks chime in....see what happened to him. Oddest transfer ever. 

I was one of those folks. Couldn’t have been more wrong. It’s too bad really, because cathedral is typically loaded with D 1 talent (not all big ten caliber I know). Woodys recruiting net is much wider anyways. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I was one of those folks. Couldn’t have been more wrong. It’s too bad really, because cathedral is typically loaded with D 1 talent (not all big ten caliber I know). Woodys recruiting net is much wider anyways. 

I don't remember if it was you or someone else...so please don't take my original post as a I told you so approach. It's not my style. I just know that Delaney and IU won't ever work together. Real shame as you said...plenty of talent in the program but every state has those 1 or 2 coaches/guys who go a different direction.

No problem for me. Coach Woodson is a city kid by nature/heart. We'll be just fine and in January of 2024 if X wants to play from the right block and see what happens....reminder. We've got a lefty in TJD who is teaching a lefty in Malik a thing or two about tendencies. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't remember if it was you or someone else...so please don't take my original post as a I told you so approach. It's not my style. I just know that Delaney and IU won't ever work together. Real shame as you said...plenty of talent in the program but every state has those 1 or 2 coaches/guys who go a different direction.

No problem for me. Coach Woodson is a city kid by nature/heart. We'll be just fine and in January of 2024 if X wants to play from the right block and see what happens....reminder. We've got a lefty in TJD who is teaching a lefty in Malik a thing or two about tendencies. 

I'm taking CMW every time over some high school coach with a hurt ego. On a side note, I have zero respect for a high school coach who uses kids for their own benefit. I'm not saying this is the case, but.... Woodson is an Indy kid. He has more local credibility than some of these people ever will.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I'm taking CMW every time over some high school coach with a hurt ego. On a side note, I have zero respect for a high school coach who uses kids for their own benefit. I'm not saying this is the case, but.... Woodson is an Indy kid. He has more local credibility than some of these people ever will.

We unfortunately have a couple in the Indy area. I have no clue what Coach Woodson may or may not do moving forward but if he wants to say down the road we aren't recruiting any kids from a certain school in Indy. I'd be fine with that. Is it petty? Probably....but why spend the energy.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 3

One last comment on Xavier and I'll be done ( I think)....Fife taking to twitter immediately about it and Delaney liking it,etc...we'll eventually find out the stuff here.

I know everyone doesn't like social media but it's been an idiolect for about a decade. The kids and some coaches talk via their likes, tweets,etc.....I just thought it was something of note. Fife tweeting, Delaney liking,etc...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We unfortunately have a couple in the Indy area. I have no clue what Coach Woodson may or may not do moving forward but if he wants to say down the road we aren't recruiting any kids from a certain school in Indy. I'd be fine with that. Is it petty? Probably....but why spend the energy.

What's petty is high school coaches using their relationship with the kids to mess with their decision about what's best for them. I have no respect for Izzo and how he runs his program. I hope Booker made that call without Delaney's influence. I can't imagine that he is in better hands in any way with Izzo than he would be with Woodson or probably any number of other coaches.

• Like 1

Somewhere, in some thread, or some article, it was mentioned that it takes a certain kind of personality  to play at a place like Indiana. Maybe Booker knew he couldn’t handle the fishbowl that is part of playing in Bloomington. Let him go play where the spotlight isn’t quite so intense. And, leave the door open if, in a year or two, he realizes that he made a mistake and needs to come home 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Not sure Sparty is less of a fish bowl 

Yes is is... 

There are only 4 or 5 places in all of college basketball where the spotlight is as intense as it is in Bloomington... And East Lansing isn't one of them... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 4