Jump to content

2023 C Xavier Booker


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

I’m not sure woody uses negative recruiting. I think he’s taken the “this is what you need to work on” type approach. Negative recruiting does happen though. 

You're likely right.  I'm just saying I that if I had to compete with that lying scumbag, I wouldn't hesitate to try to burst the illusion balloon that Kentucky is the quickest way to those NBA millions.  That path in Lexington is littered with broken dreams.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You're likely right.  I'm just saying I that if I had to compete with that lying scumbag, I wouldn't hesitate to try to burst the illusion balloon that Kentucky is the quickest way to those NBA millions.  That path in Lexington is littered with broken dreams.

I’m betting most parents see it already. Booker is definitely listening. His visit is no coincidence with the Queen news from what I’m seeing. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

He is visiting soon and may look to reclassify and with the the other 2 Montverde guys committed IU is a very serious player here. 

For 23 and beyond we are going to be turning away some very very good prospects.  If you want the scholly better pull the trigger quickly

With NIL and a no nonsense/straight up coaching staff IU is sitting nicely. When was the last time IU had 3 legitimate top 5 kids looking. Booker and his parents will be on campus with the full coaching staff. Setting up nicely. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

With NIL and a no nonsense/straight up coaching staff IU is sitting nicely. When was the last time IU had 3 legitimate top 5 kids looking. Booker and his parents will be on campus with the full coaching staff. Setting up nicely. 

Compared to this...

m02lOhk.jpg.4a33c8cc7fe614af804800d501c32458.jpg

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Btownstrength said:

Assuming we get either Booker or Queen and couldn't take both due to position right? Public consensus...who should we go after harder?

There will be people close to Booker that will steer him away from IU. would love a big time 5 star in state though. 

For Queen that pipeline to Montverde is nice and will continue to pay. I want whichever wants to be a Hoosier

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Indykev said:

There will be enough mins for both with Race and Trace gone and Malik Reneau likely a 2 and gone.

I'm not sure what would make Reneau a 2 and gone.

He's going to fight for minutes this year. Expecting him to come out as a sophomore and be NBA ready would be expecting a lot.

Unless he's just adamant about going pro, expecting him to be THAT good is a lofty expectation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Btownstrength said:

Assuming we get either Booker or Queen and couldn't take both due to position right? Public consensus...who should we go after harder?

Why would you assume IU couldn't take both? I'm not suggesting they will land either, but they aren't the same player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PNWHoosier said:
4 hours ago, Btownstrength said:

Assuming we get either Booker or Queen and couldn't take both due to position right? Public consensus...who should we go after harder?

Why would you assume IU couldn't take both? I'm not suggesting they will land either, but they aren't the same player. 

If I were Woodson, I'd get both on campus at the same time.  Tell Queen that we expect him to be the next Draymond Green.  Play like that, be that successful.

I'd tell Xavier that we expect him to lead the country in 3-point shooting for offense, and blocks for defense.

And that they can both achieve these things as teammates.

Sign them both.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PNWHoosier said:

Why would you assume IU couldn't take both? I'm not suggesting they will land either, but they aren't the same player. 

Oh I think IU would take both, but with significant positional overlap it may be a hard sell to get them both in the same class. Although maybe with his perimeter skills, Booker may see himself as more of a combo forward. I would be ecstatic if we landed either, let alone both. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Btownstrength said:

Oh I think IU would take both, but with significant positional overlap it may be a hard sell to get them both in the same class. Although maybe with his perimeter skills, Booker may see himself as more of a combo forward. I would be ecstatic if we landed either, let alone both. 

I haven't seen Queen play as much, but it seems that with both having ball handling skills and both able to shoot from deep that a team could put them anywhere from the 3 - 5 spots and they can co-exist. There's a lot of "position-less" basketball being played. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ephul said:

I'm not sure what would make Reneau a 2 and gone.

He's going to fight for minutes this year. Expecting him to come out as a sophomore and be NBA ready would be expecting a lot.

Unless he's just adamant about going pro, expecting him to be THAT good is a lofty expectation

5 star kids usually dont stay 3 or 4 years anymore. He will get plenty of mins. this year, i think the kid is that good. he is about the same size Trace was as a freshmen but a better shooter. I watched a lot of their games and he was always the best player on the court.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

5 star kids usually dont stay 3 or 4 years anymore. He will get plenty of mins. this year, i think the kid is that good. he is about the same size Trace was as a freshmen but a better shooter. I watched a lot of their games and he was always the best player on the court.

I’m with you on Reneau, and I think he is getting undersold by our fans. He isn’t going to just take the 8-10 minutes that TJD is resting. He will take minutes from other guys too. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...