2023 C Xavier Booker

I love it when a player can change my opinion in a positive way. Xavier Johnson has definitely done that this year. He looks like a player at the end of the year that figured out how to get his game to mesh with the  offense in a way that has made our team more competitive. I would once like to see the line-up of Rob, XJ, Galloway, Race and TJD start the game and the second half and see how we looked. 

He has taken over the role of number two option and we've been better for it. 

On 3/13/2022 at 4:55 PM, Coach Shep said:

Just ones that are me first players

1066091720_YouseriousClark.gif.f2f39007c5a3bc9b517dfba043bf5d07.gif

On 3/13/2022 at 5:28 PM, EvilleHoosier said:

Yep.  XJ is a me first player.  Just ignore the fact the has the all time best single season assist rate in program history.

image.png.c0b592a9dce682d166ff568a6dfd587b.png

Kind of difficult for me to believe that a "coach" could more thoroughly ignore statistics that make his hypothesis look so silly, but there's one in every crowd, I guess. 🙄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Purdue7 said:

Probably never going to be a low post scorer but has length & skill.

Not sure about motor comments 

No interest in low post scoring anyway.

Outside of a cut, Oreb, or dribble drive.... those are the only points you need in the post, in the modern era. Rim runner/rim defender, Stretch 4 w/length, and 3 guards. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We’re out. CMW wasn’t at the game. Other coaches were.

We will never be competitive again 🙄🙄🙄🙄

It's not about one player.  It's about relationship building with coaches across the state, even those that are not playing in the finals.  Let's say 50 other coaches from across the state were in attendance.  Maybe one of them has a hot shot player coming up from middle school next season.  Maybe another has a kid that is transferring in with Top 100 potential.  It's an opportunity wasted, 

Michael Lewis wasn't there to watch Xavier Booker.  He was there to be seen by high school coaches that may have players he'll be interested in.   

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's not about one player.  It's about relationship building with coaches across the state, even those that are not playing in the finals.  Let's say 50 other coaches from across the state were in attendance.  Maybe one of them has a hot shot player coming up from middle school next season.  Maybe another has a kid that is transferring in with Top 100 potential.  It's an opportunity wasted, 

Michael Lewis wasn't there to watch Xavier Booker.  He was there to be seen by high school coaches that may have players he'll be interested in.   

They said he was on vacation 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They said he was on vacation 

Well, I doubt it was a vacation planned too far in advance considering the goal would have been that IU was playing this weekend.  

Look.  We're not going to change each other's minds.  But, from my point of view, State Championship Day is one that every college coach in the entire state, from JUCO to NAIA all the way through DIII, DII, and DI should mark on their calendar each year.  Don't go and it is an opportunity missed.  

• Like 2