2023 C Xavier Booker

7 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I think some are misunderstanding the reasons I'm being coy. 

As an Indiana fan and someone who knows Booker, his interests and his game very, very well: it's for the best, as an IU fan, if he ends up elsewhere. 

There's many, many reasons for this. Those don't need to be public. 

If Coach Woodson is the coach everyone thinks he is then I will go with him on this. The Hoosiers are still recruiting him and seem to maybe be in the lead for him, so whatever it is they must not be to worried about it.

I would imagine they have done their homework on Booker.

Edited by Hoosier51

20 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

As an Indiana fan and someone who knows Booker, his interests and his game very, very well: it's for the best, as an IU fan, if he ends up elsewhere. 

Good to see you posting, SS!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Thank you.  Disappointing, but I get it.

36 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Thank you for sharing. Good to see you posting 

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

He has motor issues. As I was saying before….most schools aren’t thinking he is option #1.  A couple schools already passed on him committing right now. 

So don't come to Indiana because our fan base would destroy him.Makes sense but other fan bases do the same.

• Confused 1

Just now, Mike said:

So don't come to Indiana because our fan base would destroy him.Makes sense but other fan bases do the same.

I am not fine with destroying kids.  All fans are the same but some resonate more because they’re bigger.  Kid is what he is. He proves everyone wrong good for him.  Basic consensus of people is does he like playing basketball because it seems like he doesn’t.  Schools think that and it’s a reason some have put a hold on his offer. 

Yeah, it's easy for those of us who love basketball to say "work harder!", but if the kid truly doesn't love the game and doesn't care about the money, I can respect that even if my basketball-loving self can't understand it.

...but man...that kid has some gifts.  Too bad they are non-transferrable.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With the portal it is easier to take a chance on a kid like Booker.  If he doesn't work out and doesn't work hard you can cut bait quickly

Or let someone else take the risk and if he gets it together then you hope he'll want to come back.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

With the portal it is easier to take a chance on a kid like Booker.  If he doesn't work out and doesn't work hard you can cut bait quickly

Again… my world has been shook to its core.

Scott, the guy who always complained that players don’t stay committed to their team. Who yearned for the good old days when teams were compromised by 3 and 4 year players.

It’s Bizarro world! 

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Scott, the guy who always complained that players don’t stay committed to their team. Who yearned for the good old days when teams were compromised by 3 and 4 year players.

It’s Bizarro world! 

That was my reaction when I saw that. I was so stunned I couldn't even post how stunned I was 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

It’s Bizarro world! 

Didn't say I liked it but it is what it is

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

That was my reaction when I saw that. I was so stunned I couldn't even post how stunned I was 

I was the other way.I was so stunned, I had to reply before reading the rest of the thread. lol. I keep waiting for the headline, IUScott missing for weeks found in woods mumbling about transfer portal.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...