HS Baseball

rico

On 5/8/2021 at 12:39 AM, btownqb said:

Southridge is stupid loaded for a 2A public school. 3 kids going D1. 

One being a top 50 player nationally Colsen Montgomery. 

I was thinking they actually had 4, lol.   Gasser Michigan. Taylor & Bell UE, & of course Montgomery probably the big show.  Been wrong before but yes stupid loaded. 

5 minutes ago, JW75 said:

I was thinking they actually had 4, lol.   Gasser Michigan. Taylor & Bell UE, & of course Montgomery probably the big show.  Been wrong before but yes stupid loaded. 

I thought there might have been another. I know 3 of them are SRs, is the 4th, as well? UE doesn't have a bad baseball program, at all. Actually.. INST, ND, IU, BSU are all better to significantly better than Purdue and I would put UE fairly close to Purdue.

Edit: yep there is 4. You are correct.

Edited by btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

I thought there might have been another. I know 3 of them are SRs, is the 4th, as well? UE doesn't have a bad baseball program, at all. Actually.. INST, ND, IU, BSU are all better to significantly better than Purdue and I would put UE fairly close to Purdue.

Coming from a Purdue fan, eeeeekkkkkkkk, I may even put a nod for UE above the Boilers currently.  Not sure if all seniors or not, just know they are loaded like you said.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Jasper won another baseball State championship.  What's knew?  What an unbelievable program they built. 

My buddies always said after they got bumped up to 4A, "they'll have a wakeup call in 4A.   lol  Jasper competes at any level, always have always will.  

• 7 months later...

Anybody seen this kid?

21. Andrew Dutkanych, RHP, Brebeuf Jesuit Prep (IN)

Dutkanych is a polished prep starter who has an outstanding commitment to Vanderbilt. His four-pitch mix includes a fastball that has touched into the mid-90s, as well as a good slider, a curveball, and an improving changeup. One scout said Dutkanych's arsenal may lack a 70-grade offering, but that he shows flashes of having at least one 60. Whatever reservations teams may hold about his abrupt arm action will likely be overshadowed by his track record of throwing strikes and staying healthy. He's expected to come off the board sometime in the middle of round one.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is sad. If Center Grove and Carmel can't get umpires for their game tonight (called off) this must really be a trend all over the state. Here's an article talking about lack of umpires nationwide.

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/lack-of-umpires-cancels-high-school-baseball-game-problem-across-the-country/amp/

Sucks man. But... if you think about it, this on course with the rest of the county, right? 

No one wants to work--- blah blah blah.  

Anyways, I umpired and officiated for about a decade, off and on.  I never once noticed the "parents getting worse" or whatever is said to frame it like the parents are at fault.  

Now.. there are undoubtedly horror stories, and they are inexcusable, but nothing that could have ever stopped me from umpiring. Absolutely loved working all of those games. 

I just don't think there are enough people that want to work. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...