Toys from our youth

rico

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was an adult by the time the computer age rolled around. I do remember when I was stationed at Scott AFB one of my co-workers use to bring a Mattel Intellivision in on mids and we'd play baseball and football...The tips of my thumbs would be numb for days afterwards because of how the controllers were modelled...

Intellivision-Console-Set.jpg

My parents got us the Atari when I was a freshmen.  The sports games sucked sans bowling.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

BTW.  Great thread Rico!  I'm not getting any work done, but great thread nonetheless.  

I second that. When I was teaching US history at the beginning of each decade we would do a PowerPoint with slides of about 100 pics of.people , bands, culture toys TV shows etc... to start the lesson and kids had to guess each pic and some bonus points given to the student that knew the most. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

BTW.  Great thread Rico!  I'm not getting any work done, but great thread nonetheless.  

Is this a good time to bring up the chemistry set I got for X-mas one year.  I had it all for about 15 minutes when the concoction I was heating up blew up.  I never saw that chemistry set again.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  We had a croquet set as well.  Was a cheap version though.  The mallet heads kept coming off.

Well sure, because you were probably like we were...When you "sent" somebody, you'd try to "send" them a couple of yards over...

• Haha 2