Toys from our youth

rico

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I really wasnt much of a toy person. I was like the nerd in The Sandlot except I could play baseball.

Erector sets, model cars, science kits, books was what I was into. And computers and video games. 

So you are saying that you played with Lincoln Logs?

Hey, I had my share of erector sets and models.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL....sort of an old school toy boy I suppose.  Scott would be proud!

FWIW, if they existed, I bought my son the same things I had growing up.  

He was a big fan of "Twister" when he got into HS!

Alot of my stuff came from my grandmas house. She saved everything.  Has 3 outbuildings stuffed to the ceiling with antiques and collectibles.

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I feel sorry for you!

I was joking.  I really only knew my Grandparents on my Dad's side.  For a couple of Depression Era survivors they gave their grandkids good stuff and had it around their house(my house now).  Nothing like playing with a barrel of monkeys...

More fun than a Barrel of Monkeys — Toy to the World

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I was joking.  I really only knew my Grandparents on my Dad's side.  For a couple of Depression Era survivors they gave their grandkids good stuff and had it around their house(my house now).  Nothing like playing with a barrel of monkeys...

More fun than a Barrel of Monkeys — Toy to the World

I had those monkeys. Not sure what I ever did with them. That was like the Christmas present from an aunt that you played with for 10 minutes and then sat and collected dust.

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I had those monkeys. Not sure what I ever did with them. That was like the Christmas present from an aunt that you played with for 10 minutes and then sat and collected dust.

At Grandpa's house you learned to play euchre very fast...or you played with those frickin' monkeys.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

So to clarify.

Did you play with the monkeys or your Aunt for 10 minutes?

Which one sat around and collected dust?

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, rico said:

Gnip Gnop anyone?

Funny you should say that.  I was thinking of that one just a bit earlier.  Loved Bas-Ket more though.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Super cool game here.  Basketball game played with ping pong balls.  Pull the levers on the side to shoot.

See the source image

I was just posting this.  Loved this game growing up.  Those full court shots were a blast to try

• Like 1

Just now, FKIM01 said:

You would have noooooo problem selling them!

Haha. Nope. One of these days or years I'll get my camera out and start taking photos of my real collectibles from my childhood. Besides my baseball and football card collections....My Mom had a pretty good feel on things and future worth so we were lucky enough to have 2 sets of all Star Wars action figures. One to play with...and one that is still sitting nicely tucked away with original Ben Franklin $1.99 price tag on them....each in original container. Never opened.

We have those, ET...lunch boxes from Charlie's Angels, Superman,etc......few other things from the 80's. We can't bring ourselves to ever sell because she passed away in 1985. We feel like it was a parting gift to us. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rico said:

There were no Pizza Huts around me in my youth.  I was lucky to get McDonald's...

I rember the only McDonald's near me was in Valporaiso. If I ever ventured that way I made a point of getting a Big Mac! Thank God there are so many better options now!

• Like 1